First amp profiled - impressive!

• In my experience the Cab Clone itself did't matched the tone of the amp.

The UA Apollo Twin with UA 610 plugin helped so much in compensating the low quality of the cab clone.

So my routing was:

1. Guitar > IN Kemper > Direct out > Amp
    2. Cab Clone (Amp) > UA Apollo Twin > (UA 610 plugin) > UA Line OUT > Return Kemper
  • Most recording studios I know use the 610 for recording bass and sometimes acoustic guitar..but I used it mostly for recording electric guitar(and "very vintage"-vibe vocals with a 47 ish mic)) with the 57/414 combo..

IMO a very underrated and somehow "misunderstood" mic-pre..you can get great "Rock'n'Roll" vibes with it.It has this vintage thing going on and one has to know how to use this.It is definitely no "clear" and "neutral" mic-pre..

• In my experience the Cab Clone itself did't matched the tone of the amp.

The UA Apollo Twin with UA 610 plugin helped so much in compensating the low quality of the cab clone.

So my routing was:

1. Guitar > IN Kemper > Direct out > Amp
    2. Cab Clone (Amp) > UA Apollo Twin > (UA 610 plugin) > UA Line OUT > Return Kemper

Thanks for sharing your way of working. Did you use the preamp on your UA Apollo or the Line in?

I'm thinking to try a passive DI-box, and profile only the amp (no speakers) and then use Cab IR, such as ML Mikko Soundlab, Wall of sound etc.

• Most recording studios I know use the 610 for recording bass and sometimes acoustic guitar..but I used it mostly for recording electric guitar(and "very vintage"-vibe vocals with a 47 ish mic)) with the 57/414 combo..

IMO a very underrated and somehow "misunderstood" mic-pre..you can get great "Rock'n'Roll" vibes with it.It has this vintage thing going on and one has to know how to use this.It is definitely no "clear" and "neutral" mic-pre..

Exactly! This is exactly why I used the 610 to "adjust" the inconsistency of the cab Clone. If it was neutral I wouldn't have got any benefit.