How to Copy/Paste an entire rig into a new performance slot on Profiler Stage?

• I am still struggling with how to copy/paste a rig into a new slot in performance mode on my profiler stage. I have the latest firmware 7.09 and still can't figure it out. Could someone please post a step by step way to do this? Thanks

• You go to performance mode ..
    Then choose slot number one and scroll with the BROWSE knob .. it'll start going thru your rigs.
    Once you've chosen one, push the browse to Select and you're golden.
    NOW ..
    Either STORE the performance now, or press the Right Arrow key to move to slot #2 and repeat the Browse and Select process, and then save them once you've loaded all the rigs to the slots.
    If you press another performance by pushing its slot button, I'm not sure it'll be stored.
    Unlike other FX units, this unit considers a performance "patch" as 5 slots TOGETHER, so make sure you STORE before moving on to the next slot.

I do it with the help of rig manager, it's really easy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I am still struggling with how to copy/paste a rig into a new slot in performance mode on my profiler stage. I have the latest firmware 7.09 and still can't figure it out. Could someone please post a step by step way to do this? Thanks

Press LONG the Rig button, a copy option appears.

Press copy.

Go to the new slot.

Press LONG the Rig button, a copy/paste option appears.

Press paste.

Save the performance.

Done.

• Hold the rig button for 2seconds than follow the rest

I am still struggling with how to copy/paste a rig into a new slot in performance mode on my profiler stage. I have the latest firmware 7.09 and still can't figure it out. Could someone please post a step by step way to do this? Thanks

• If I'm not wrong a performance slot is a rig. When you switch the Browse button in performance mode you actually choose a rig for your slot.

So in order to copy a rig to another slot just copy the slot to another slot. Activate the slot (with the remote or on the front panel with the left-right RIG buttons) press Copy, switch to the slot where you want to paste and press PASTE button. You will have now two identical slots in your performance, so it makes sense to tweak one of them unless you really need two identical slots.

• I'm trying to create Performances now on the Rackmount without the RM. When I press Rig button for 2 seconds in "Browser Mode" it only assigns it as a favorite. No copy option appears.

Has this changed for 8.x versions?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().

• I'm trying to create Performances now on the Rackmount without the RM. When I press Rig button for 2 seconds in "Browser Mode" it only assigns it as a favorite. No copy option appears.

Has this changed since 8.x versions?

You have the rack version? This has dedicated copy and paste buttons.

• Hi, BayouTexan,

1. In Performance Mode, navigate to the slot you want to copy.
    2. Press the COPY button (17 left below). The PASTE button will light up.
    3. Use the Rig Navigation Cross (22 below) to navigate to the slot where you want to paste the copy.
    4. Press the PASTE button (17 right below).
    5. STORE the Performance: Press STORE (18 below) and follow the prompts.

All good?

ST

• Thanks. Yes, I have rackmount. I was trying to hit the copy button from Browser mode and then switch to Performance mode then use paste button, but it wasn't working that way even though that seemed the most logical way. I'll try your method next.

• Hi, BayouTexan,

I may have misunderstood. I thought you meant

• You have a Performance
      • In that Performance, you have a slot (with a Rig in it)
        AND
    • You want to copy that Rig into a new slot in the Performance

That's something I do often and my instructions above are for that scenario.

If you don't have a Performance (up to five slots populated by Rigs from the Browse pool), then watch the video.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yes, I watched that one already. I though there would be a quicker way to do it. They have it set so you have to scroll through all your rigs to put one in a slot. I have 997 rigs, so that can take awhile. ;). I guess I need to start selecting my favorites, and then just sort the browser by favorites to set up my Performances easier.

BTW, This Kemper is an absolute dream! Once I was able to learn how to dial out that grit on high-gain profiles, I was in heaven! I have my tones nearly perfected and should be doing my first demo with it pretty soon, and I've only owned it for a month?? I have many jealous guitar friends now. LOL.

• ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄

I guess I need to start selecting my favorites and then just sort the browser by favorites to set up my Performances easier.

✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄

Yes! Mark Rigs as Favorites, then set the Browser to show only Favorites.

OR

Better (for me) - Use Rig Manager.

Create a New Performance. View that in Rig Manager.

Open a separate Window and use that to preview Rigs.

When you find something you like, drag it to the Performance slot you want to populate (in the other Window).

• I have to upgrade my computer to windoze 10 before I can use RM. ;(;(;(

• I hear ya. That was a psychological hurdle for me too. It's not that bad though. You'll get used to it in short order.

There are still free Win 10 downloads out there too, you just gotta search for them?

I got the free copy you talking about, but man!... I hate to have to re-install gigabytes of my other programs -it could take a month!