Walkin' on the Sun

• Has anyone been able to create the sound of the smash mouth song "walkin on the sun" on the kemper? I'm trying to get something like that flubby fuzz sound in the intro (first guitar in) and later throughout. I just cant seem to get anything close enough for my OCD

Here's a link to he song with the sound i refer to.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQj--Kjn0z8

I have been playing in cover bands for 20 years, and now with the kemper I have been able to reproduce most of those unique sounds that really make a song, either by downloading a patch of the actual rig, or finding a way to add kemper pedals to make something close, but this one has me scratching my head, please help!

• A big part of that tone is the guitar and pickups. I believe he used a Jazzmaster guitar. Live, he uses a combination of Marshall JCM900 and Fender Dual Showman amps. I'd start by finding a good Fender profile (try Michael Britt) and go from there.

• A big part of that tone is the guitar and pickups. I believe he used a Jazzmaster guitar. Live, he uses a combination of Marshall JCM900 and Fender Dual Showman amps. I'd start by finding a good Fender profile (try Michael Britt) and go from there.

I found this interview from smash mouth, I have no idea how to turn this information into a rig, but this is how he said he got that tone.

Sure! the walking on the sun guitar sound I remember very clearly, mostly because I was really happy with the way it came out at the time and I wanted to be sure I didn't forget how it was done. It was an original Dallas Arbiter 70s Fuzz pedal into a Silvertone Twin Twelve. The mic was one of my AKG C12As and it was compressed with a distressor on the 10:1 (opto) ratio. We also did what I call a reverb only double on the part. The Silvertone Twin twelve has really cool feature in that when you turn down the volume on the amp it only turns down the volume of the dry signal. You are left with all spring reverb. I had Greg play an entire pass of the part with the volume turned down on the amp so we were only recording the spring reverb. That is panned in the left speaker. You can hear it if you listen to only the left side.