Advice for using kemper live at venues.

• Hi all, i need some advice regarding using my kemper live. I have always been an amp/pedals/miked up cab onstage type of guy and have some questions in advance of me taking the Kemper out with the band in the new year after a hiatus for the first time.

I use a powerhead, remote, mission ep-1 kp pedal and have had a zilla angled 2x12 cabinet with celestion F12-X200 speakers built for monitoring purposes onstage, and for use in rehearsals.

Question 1 - Live i would connect the cabinet lead as normal to the speaker output and to FOH via the main output or XLR output, but how do i control my onstage volume and regulate what is going to foh as well individually?

Question 2 - Is there any advice in terms of db levels etc that experienced live users can offer to ensure that the sounds i am currently enjoying will be faithfully recreated through foh as ive seen posts from users in the past that state that they have had problems with the output levels being sent to foh from their kempers.

Apologies if this question has been asked a thousand times already, which im guessing it has. Any direction to help videos etc is also cool too.

Many Thanks,

Ben.

• Look in the Output section, there are separate volumes for Monitor out and Main out (as well as separate EQ's), both or either volume can be selected to link with the master volume knob. I select Monitor out to link with Master and then I can change monitor volumes without changing the Main out.

I send -20 to FOH and never had a complaint or a problem. I had heard -15 is the optimal setting but I'm good with whats worked for years now.

• Look in the Output section, there are separate volumes for Monitor out and Main out (as well as separate EQ's), both or either volume can be selected to link with the master volume knob. I select Monitor out to link with Master and then I can change monitor volumes without changing the Main out.

I send -20 to FOH and never had a complaint or a problem. I had heard -15 is the optimal setting but I'm good with whats worked for years now.

I'm new to Kemper, just got a Stage, and about to use for live performance. How do you send the -20 to FOH if your Master is linked to your monitor and not your Main out? Is the option in the display to set main out volume without it being controlled by the Master knob?

UPDATE: AH CRAP, disregard, I missed the point of the first sentence. No coffee yet! Sorry.

• you can link and Un Link the master and monitor vol, ,,,un link it and send the FOH guy what ever is needed, vol/ eq,, then set up the mon, vol and eq for the stage, If/when you adj the stage vol/tone,,,the foh will remain the same, sound men are very happy,,

• Also you can tap the Quick button to get instant access to the monitor out volume IIRC. Unlink the monitor volume from the main out and you should be good.

FWIW I added a separate volume control on the back of the plate amp I built into my Kemper, that works very nice. Just grab the knob and twist. But that was before I saw the Quick button trick.

• Just have a look at the various pages of output settings. On page 2 you find the options to set the output levels for the outputs that are not linked to the master.

I use an even lower level for main out (-25dB) than what has been recommended above. Had a couple sound-engineers asking me to lower my volume when I had it at -20dB, but have had no complaint so far with -25. I wish the main outputs had a physical line/mic-level toggle-witch. That would eliminate quite a bit of confusion.