Can I make a Direct Profile from an existing Studio Profile?

• I created a bunch of studio profiles on my kemper a while back. Since then, I've also created custom IRs too which I like a lot. I'm now kind of kicking myself for not creating direct profiles as well during the session where I profiled a dozen amps I borrowed. Am I able to create and save a direct profile from studio profiles I've made?

Chris Spencer

Kemper profiles of boutique and vintage amps will be available soon! Some of my gear:

Hardware/Software -

Adam monitoring, Pro Tools HDX 16x16, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, BAE 1073 mic pres, Cascade Fathead Ribbon, SM57, various pedals

Guitars -

Duesenberg 49er, Fano JM6, Gretsch Tennesse Rose (w/TV Jones Classics), Nash Tele, American Strat (w/Lollars)

• You can disable kemper cab from the studio profile and save that... but the cab-mic and amp separation is likely not to be as accurate as shooting direct profile to start with. In my experience, shooting direct profile is the way to go. I also do not import my best IRs to kemper, for my own use, as the tone seems to change too much. So it's mostly direct profiles + IR in daw or some other device, if kemper is used. I typically prefer the flexibility vs studio profiles.

The bonanza