Expression / Volume pedal question...

• OK, I know this is probably an over-baked question but since I am new, I'll claim ignorance..

Now that I have been messing with this, I am at the point where I need to get my volume pedal back , but I also want a morph pedal..

I know there are many that use the Mission EP1-KP, but I don't like paying for what I won't use.. (i.e. Wah function)

SO I am looking for 2 pedals, one for volume one for morph with pretty good range, built well... I had a Roland EV50 a while back, felt cheap..

I do think Mission is overpriced, although good, I know there are better out there for less.. DVP3? FV500? etc..

Thoughts please and thank you

RIP Eddie Van Halen - 1955-2020 - The one man who enabled me and countless others to love the guitar.

• You are absolutely correct about everything you said. The Mission is massively overpriced. Not only that bt it has a horrible travel for volume and morph functions. However, it does feel exactly like a Dunlop Wah so it is perfect for Wah use if you are used to that specific range of travel.

Any TRS expression pedal will work with the Kemper. I have a little Zoom that cost me £11 and it works better than my Missing n for most things but like your observation about the EV50, it is cheaply made and doesn’t feel robust. I also have an FV500 which has a great feel with plenty of travel for fine tuning volume or morph settings AND it is built like an absolute tank. The only downside is it is about the size of a small country ? if size doesn’t matter you won’t go wrong with the FV500 but it isn’t exactly cheap either.

Plenty of people report good things about the Dunlop and Moog pedals too.

• I have a couple of Moog ep3's ( i use one for volume and one for pitch) and I think they are great. Cost about £35...

I have also converted a crybaby for wah because I think the mission pedals are over priced/engineered...

• Wheresthedug And built like a tank is good.. I have always had this thing where if you can throw it at a wall and it bounces off, POS.. If you throw it at a wall and it goes thru it, its a keeper.. Maybe its just me, but I don't need some plastic part cracking off or some other garbage like that..

And although the Mission EP1-KP is decent, I completely agree.. I think they are just latching on to the Kemper market and utilizing that to pump up cost.

I am debating between the FV500 and DVP3 at the moment, but it will be one of the two..

I was looking at the Ernie ball VP Jr last night, but I can't get over that string

RIP Eddie Van Halen - 1955-2020 - The one man who enabled me and countless others to love the guitar.