Solved - Kemper Remote Does not Operate After Upgrade to v7.0.9

• Hi all,

I have been running v 5.7.8 of the Operating System for the past few months with no issues (Power rack & Remote). This morning I upgraded to V 7.0.9.

• My Kemper Powerhead appears to operate perfectly (I love the new Power Boost feature that indicates output watts!)
    • My Remote starts to cycle through the booting up process (lots of flashing lights)
    • The last message I receive is "Performing Power Test"
    • The remote then goes dead

Any assistance would be much appreciated. (I will open a support query).

Cheers!

Paul

• Very strange ...

I tried using the Original Kemper Ethernet cable that came with the remote and the remote now works ok. (I have been using a 3rd party Ethernet cable for my home setup and the original Ethernet cable for practice/gigging). The 3rd party cable has worked perfectly before the upgrade.

Is there a specific type of Ethernet Cable that is "approved for use with the Kemper" that can be bought from a commercial outlet? If so, what aree the specs? I cannot locate a vendor that sells "Original" Kemper Ethernet cables.

Cheers!

Paul

• I tested the Ethernet cables again and, with v 7.0.9, the Remote will only work with the "Original" Kemper Ethernet cable, not the '3rd Party' Ethernet cable (that worked ok on earlier OS versions??).

I guess the problem is solved.

All I need to do now is locate a seller of "Correct Kemper" Ethernet cables to ensure I have a back up or two.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

• Hmmm...

I have my toaster on 7.0.9 and the remote works with all my cables, original and 3rd party.

You can get a spare original here

https://shop.kempermusic.us/ke…rofiler-remote-cable.html