Finally purchased 2 Yamaha DXR10MKII!

• My Yamaha's DXR10mkii arrived yesterday. At first I though they where too dark sounding until I really cranked them. They sound flatter and much louder than the EV 12 zlx-p. The EV sounded so overhyped on the high and low end that I had to lower the tone controls in the back. I had to redo my profiles because they where too dark for the DXR10mkii but once I got used to them they sound more natural than the EV's. I don't know how the new DXR10mkii compares to the older ones as far as sound, but I know the high frequecy driver has a neodymium magnet and they're louder than the old ones by 1 or 2 dB.

The real test will be at rehearsal because I couldn't hear the EV's and when I crank them the sounds starts to deteriorate , that's why I purchased the Yamaha's. If anyone is interested to hear how they sound loud, I can report back.

Friedman BE100, Suhr PT100SE, Mesa Boogie Dual Recto,EVH 5150 iii S, 68' Metro/Friedman Plexi, Vox AC30 (2) Marshall 1960B, Port City 2 x 12 OS Wave, Scumback speakers (4)BH75,(4)M75,(4)H75,(1)H55(1)Celestion V30 Fryette PS attenuator, Mesa Boogie 2 90, Kemper Profiler amp and tons of rack and fx pedals
    ProTools 10.3.5 HD5 , Logic Pro 10.1,Ableton 9 Live. Dynaudio BM6a with BM9S sub and Focals Alpha 80

• My Yamaha's DXR10mkii arrived yesterday. At first I though they where too dark sounding until I really cranked them. They sound flatter and much louder than the EV 12 zlx-p. The EV sounded so overhyped on the high and low end that I had to lower the tone controls in the back. I had to redo my profiles because they where too dark for the DXR10mkii but once I got used to them they sound more natural than the EV's. I don't know how the new DXR10mkii compares to the older ones as far as sound, but I know the high frequecy driver has a neodymium magnet and they're louder than the old ones by 1 or 2 dB.

The real test will be at rehearsal because I couldn't hear the EV's and when I crank them the sounds starts to deteriorate , that's why I purchased the Yamaha's. If anyone is interested to hear how they sound loud, I can report back.

Yes, please do.

I have the older model and like it a lot. Would love to hear how you get on with the new ones!

• I can crank it quite loud in my studio because it was professionally done and so far I'm impressed. It stays clean and clear with plenty of power to spare. I have band rehearsal on Oct 10th so I'll find out then. I just wish I had a set of the old ones so I can compare. I got a $75 per speaker rebate, which is pretty cool! They're so tiny compare to the EV's but they kick ass!

Friedman BE100, Suhr PT100SE, Mesa Boogie Dual Recto,EVH 5150 iii S, 68' Metro/Friedman Plexi, Vox AC30 (2) Marshall 1960B, Port City 2 x 12 OS Wave, Scumback speakers (4)BH75,(4)M75,(4)H75,(1)H55(1)Celestion V30 Fryette PS attenuator, Mesa Boogie 2 90, Kemper Profiler amp and tons of rack and fx pedals
    ProTools 10.3.5 HD5 , Logic Pro 10.1,Ableton 9 Live. Dynaudio BM6a with BM9S sub and Focals Alpha 80

• Finally did you?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Finally did you?

I'm sorry did I what?

• He's joking using a fellow user's name from New Zealand, George. ;)

Oh! Thank you for clearing that up! Nice to hear from you Monkey-Man!

Before buying the Yamaha's I was ready to give up on the Kemper Profiler, but now my excitement has been reignited because the difference is quite incredible. I was back to using my old complicated set up which I enjoyed playing but not carrying since I had to bring 2 amps(with a switching system) a stereo Marshall cabinet, a Mesa 2 90 power amp, huge pedalboard and a smaller pedal board for time base effects. I had to bring my son to carry all that shit! It sounded amazing, but the next morning I couldn't walk due to my chronic back pain.

Now I'm back using the Kemper Profiler and loving it. I have to be careful with my ears because the Yamaha's are much louder than the EV's even though the EV's are rated at 1000w(which I think is a lie) and the Yamaha's at 1,100 watts. The EV's peak SPL is 126 dB and the Yamaha's 132dB! To increase SPL by 3dB you need to double the power(depending how efficient the speakers are) so it's obvious that the EV's are not as powerful according to their specs.

Yea, I am not surprised.

The DXR's are in an entirely different league than the EV's.

Just a thought, you might want to consider using your main eq out or monitor eq out to shape the sound of your profiles to specific speaker setups instead of tweaking each individual profile to a specific speaker. Also, when making any change in over-all EQ I always like to A/B it back and fourth to where I was before since we all tend to like what is different .... but then when you play it in context with the band, it doesn't always mix as well as what you already had.

I think you will find those DXR's make a world of difference. Good luck and I look forward to hearing back from your first practice!

• Thanks for the tip! I did do the over-all eq and ir worked out fine. I wish the Kemper would have a parametric eq on the output side I use one after the amp/cab in all my patches just incase I want to make more detailed eq adjustments.

The true test will be at band rehearsal with our super loud drummer !