Expression pedal instead guitar volume - how to do it with Kemper?

• I have a Moog Expression Pedal. Lets say I want to use it instead of turning back the guitar volume knob - foot instead hand ;)

What is the best way on the Kemper to do it (and what comes close to turning down volume knob on the guitar). I guess something with morphing (I have less to no experience with morphing - I think I have to deal with it now :/).

• I don't think you need to use morphing for this. Just simply assign the pedal to control volume in the pedals menu. That control the overall volume of the Kemper itself and you would need to adjust anything else. However if you're just wanting to adjust the actual input volume from the guitar, then that's a different story.

• I use the Mission Engineering EP1-KP Pedal for Wah and Volume Input. The Sounds behave a bit different, when you compare it to the guitar volume knob.

Go to Rig-Preferences, then "Volume Pedal Settings", there on the left: "Location" to "Input" and "Range" as you like, I have it on -3.0.

Thanks. Seems exactly what I need :thumbup:

Will try this.

You can achieve it via a Pure Boost (pre stack) with negative settings too.

Thank you too. Will this make any difference in sound, compared to the solution above?

• GlanzGuitar The "Volume Pedal Settings" solution is perfect for me! I tried today and it does the job. It has the big advantage that there is no noticable tone suck, as with some real pedals (minus booster or some volume pedals).

I still use my guitar volume knob too ;) Of course! But it is so easy with the expression pedal and the fixed range. You can go from hi-gain to crunch very precisely. But at the moment I use it with a small Range setting of -1.3. That does give my bridge pickup a nice vintage tone with edge-of-breakup and crunch profiles. It works so surprisingly well with my SD Black Winter pickup - almost PAF like tone - step on the expression pedal and it roars again.

I am very happy, cause I just wanted a "volume" control and now it works like a "pickup switch" from vintage to modern for me!