Using RM to set the profiler

• I sincerely love my profiler for its amazing sounds and setup possibilities, I really do.

In the same time I really find RM useful, especially the rig selection. I never use the browse button, might do it for some special occasion if I can't use my computer. The reason is IMO selecting rigs is hugely easiest compare to scrolling on the profiler using the buttons and the tiny screen. I don't talk about managing names that makes me remember the beginning of the SMS. Point is Kemper guys seems to have a different point of view (please German friends tell us if you read this).

1-By selecting a rig in RM it's loaded as preview in the profiler. That means you can't replace the rig and need to "save as" and delete in rig manager. When you want to edit an effect the preset doesn't show up (it does when you select the rig on the profiler). It happens to me every day as I try to set my own rigs. That means I can't make sure I set the right preset for a dedicated rig. I asked the support team, that's not a bug.

2- To assign a rig to a performance, once again you have to scroll among all your rigs to find the right one. I tried to do it by using RM, never succeeded. I'm not sure there's not a way to do it ??

The Editor might give an answer but I don't know if it's part of the specs. The Support guy doesn't know either.

Last complain that seems to me correlated to what I wrote above. I really don't understand the logic in the manual information management. I personally like to find first the most useful information, straight to the point. It seems the information is spread with every details, the main among the not so essential. I really like the manuals starting with all the basic stuff you need to know with some links to detail information if needed.

Kemper guys are smart and they made a fantastic beast but we might have not the same logic ? Hope it can be improved if you guys agree.:)

Edited once, last by graoully ().

• Kemper guys are smart and they made a fantastic beast

Oh yes! :)

Nevertheless I understand your critical remarks and as well the Kemper guys as they put a lot of thought into the concepts which I find mostly absolutely convincing.

2- To assign a rig to a performance, once again you have to scroll among all your rigs to find the right one. I tried to do it by using RM, never succeeded.

Sorry, I don't get that point. I build all my performances via the RM, actually I also (almost) never use the Kemper itself to select rigs or build performance.

What is not working when you build performances with the RM? You can easily create a new one in the MyProfiler Tab of the RM and then drag and drop rigs from a second window or via copy and paste. The right mouse key is your friend.

Just make sure that while you are doing this or once the performance is activated you Store it by using the button on the Kemper. There are some hickups sometimes and performances get changed accidentally. Copying them from the Kemper into a RM Backup folder and copying them back to the Kemper from there solves it in most cases.

• Thank you so much Deadman42. My mistake, I tried to use RM with the profiler and I didn't take time to go deep into RM manual in order to manage the performance independently from the profiler.

Just another question : If I sort out the rigs, and then delete one, I loose the setting and need to sort out once again. Any trick to address this issue ?

• Sure. For instance I sort out the rigs depending on the name (A to Z) and favorite (favorite rigs show up at the beginning of the list) by clicking the dedicated column header. Then by deleting one rig the order is changed and I need to start over.

Rings a bell ?