The Captain meets Christoph Kemper

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I’ve enjoyed this interview. Kemper tackled, in an honest fashion, controversial questions like amp in the room problem, profiling ethics, company growth to fulfill the demand, why KPA is still using same hardware, etc. Really clever decisions.

He mentioned that he has no fear to grow his R&D team, now. I hope that means, speeding up development of features in the roadmap like editor, drives, and other free software improvements that may or may not translate in new revenue streams or new sales. That’s a concern.

• Lee Anderton misses an important point in the conversation. CK keeps repeating that speakers are not really needed which clearly isn't correct and he should have been pushed on that point. There are a number of techniques guitarists use that depend on some form of interaction between the instrument and a speaker.

• There are a number of techniques guitarists use that depend on some form of interaction between the instrument and a speaker.

Can you tell me more about it? Which techniques do you mean? I only know about feedback as interaction, which i can get pretty easy with the control room speakers.

• Can you tell me more about it? Which techniques do you mean? I only know about feedback as interaction, which i can get pretty easy with the control room speakers.

Exactly, you need speakers powerful enough to provide feedback. CK keeps going in the interview as if in-ears or anything you can hear is adequate. Feedback doesn't seem to be included in his agenda at all.

• Nothing about the editor?

Geez - he didn't bring it up once. I enjoyed the chat (which was more of a "founders/entrepreneurial business chat" sort of interview...but it wouldn't hurt to ask about the damn editor which essentially removes the only competitive advantage ALL of the software competitors to the Kemper. Oh well, I guess I'll just keep on waiting like everyone else. ;(

• I enjoyed the first minutes of this interview..could not stop laughing about the "nerds with no girls around"..:P

I guess Christoph is the first keyboarder I ever heard seeing the "real problems" of being a freakin' pc nerd lol..And I am so glad that he found his way of being a real rock roller giving us guitar players what we need today..and not what we want..;)

Btw..could it be that Christoph's nerd-experiences are the main reason the whole world is still waiting for the editor????Just saying..:/:)

• Okay..on a more serious note..

For me it is always interesting to see that guys with the ability to see "the whole thing" are the ones who write history.

Marshall was a drummer,Christoph a Keyboarder etc enough said..it is obvious that to be really "disruptive" you need to get the birds view on things.All visionaries who changed paradigms had this ability.Add big fun of taking risks and courage to this.

• Exactly, you need speakers powerful enough to provide feedback. CK keeps going in the interview as if in-ears or anything you can hear is adequate.

Keep watching the video. At some point of the interview he acknowledged that a guitar speaker experience is still a challenge for digital amps, specially for players not used to mic’ed amps sounds. In fact, he said that IEMs have the same issue with analog amps for some players that miss their guitar cabs. Hence, his approach to mitigate that is the Power Amp option and his new Kones speakers, to be released some day.

• Keep watching the video. At some point of the interview he acknowledged that a guitar speaker experience is still a challenge for digital amps, specially for players not used to mic’ed amps sounds. In fact, he said that IEMs have the same issue with analog amps for some players that miss their guitar cabs. Hence, his approach to mitigate that is the Power Amp option and his new Kones speakers, to be released some day.

Exactly this.

I think ckemper is fully aware of the fact that emulating "the speaker/"the cab" is still a challenge, and will always be.