Reamping.

• Hey guys! im pretty new to the whole "REAMPING" thing and S/PDIF in general but i thought hey lets give it a shot and ive kinda hit a bit of a wall (Probably doing it all wrong).

I cant seem to access the S/PDIF OUT option in my DI track to send it to my kemper...hmmm.Im sure its real easy fix and ive have missed something but its got me scratching my head lol.Im using Cubase pro 10 and my interface is the Focusrite Clarett 4pre.Everything seems to be bang on as in all the cables are connected to the correct places etc im just stumped to find the S/PDIF OUT in my DI track.I screen printed my project to show what i mean.As you can see the option of S/PDIF IN is there but the option OUT is not...go easy guys im still learning lol

Any help would be boss!

• Hey mate, I trust your Studio Setup and Audio Connections have the SPDIF out enabled so that it can be selected?

If you can't see the output here in the tab then you can easily add it via preset or Add Bus.

By the way: This is from Cubase Pro 9.5, I have 10 here but not using it. But it should look the same.

Usually I do route the DI track into a separate output track for re-amping (or other outboard gear) and I have two of them, one for mono one for stereo stuff. Just take care that the levels are neutral all the way.

Maybe this older thread from the forum helps as well...

How do i set up my kemper to record via spdif in cubase 10 using a focusrite clarett 4

• This is awesome! i will certainly give this a look in my DAW and see what ive missed thanks again dude! also cheers for the link \m/ i will be back to let ya know how i got on.

• So i had a click around with the inputs and outputs and control panel options and forgive me if the answer is slapping me right in the face hahaha but this is what it tells me...the input clearly tells me theres S/PDIF but the output section is fast asleep and doesnt wanna know lol ive watched a few videos on youtube and they say in the tutorials to click S/PDIF output but thats my problem haha apologies again if this doesnt fall under the kemper forum rules.

• Hmm. Tough one. And what does the Presets combobox give you as options when you click it? Mine gives different options which treat the outputs which are there (two analogous, one SPDIF) as either mono or stereo outputs. Anything in that Presets choice?

If not then it's hard to tell if is your driver limiting the options or anything else. I can see all the ADAT stuff in your control panel, maybe that's interfering. But I am definitely no expert on that ground.

And can you set the Outputs 3 to something set to "active" in the Studio Setup?

• Hmm. Tough one. And what does the Presets combobox give you as options when you click it? Mine gives different options which treat the outputs which are there (two analogous, one SPDIF) as either mono or stereo outputs. Anything in that Presets choice?

If not then it's hard to tell if is your driver limiting the options or anything else. I can see all the ADAT stuff in your control panel, maybe that's interfering. But I am definitely no expert on that ground.

And can you set the Outputs 3 to something set to "active" in the Studio Setup?

it says this in the preset dropdown box...

• Have you done all the necessary steps with the focusrite card's mixer first of all? And when you do save it as a preset in Cubase.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau