Sorting folders

• I was unable to find a thread on sorting folders, so....

When I create folders for profiles, they are added underneath the last folder I added. I like to keep all of one pack together.

How can I sort them so the folders are alphabetical in the left column? I'd like to keep all packs of one profile maker together.

Thanks for any help.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• When you first create new folders they always appear at the bottom of the list in the level you choose.

They're alphabetised when you quit and reopen Rig Manager, Carl, so even 'though you can't move them, you can determine where they'll appear in the list, which is what you want.

Also, you can place folders at the top of lists the same way you do in your computer's OS by using, say, an underscore ("_") at the beginning of a name, or a number - anything that "alphabetises" earlier than a letter.

• And if you name them with a numbering prefix you can easily group them as you like....

10-MBritt-xyz

11-MBritt-abc

20-TJ-something

Now when you buy the next MBritt you just name the folder "12-...".

And with the renaming-feature you can easily adjust the sequence.

• They're alphabetised when you quit and reopen Rig Manager, Carl, so even 'though you can't move them, you can determine where they'll appear in the list, which is what you want.

Well, Nicky, you are correct. I don't know why I never noticed this. I guess I haven't added profiles in a while. Aging sucks. LOL. Thank you!

-- Arnold H. Glasow

-- Me

• Thanks, Deadman....that's a good tip to know!

-- Arnold H. Glasow

-- Me

• Why not refresh the UI after a folder is created? Why do newly saved rigs always go to the bottom after they’re saved? Just refresh the UI! I don’t know the code, but as a developer I’d guess it’s not hard...