Really Need Help Getting Expression Pedal Wah to Work

• I realize there is a video for this but OK I'm slow, it didn't help much.

I have a Roland EV5 Expression Pedal. I have it plugged into input 1 on the Kemper Rack. It does seem to work for volume.

With my former module, the AX8, I could tell the unit to look for my expression pedal on a given input when I wanted the wah effect. It seems there maybe a way to do this on the Kemper somewhere in System, but I have not been able to make any sense of it.

Is there a step by step some kind hearted patient person could give me to get this up and running, so that I can easily tell it to control the wah, OR the volume depending on needs?

Thanks much

Tom

• Enter the "System" menu. Scroll through the pages until you reach "Pedal 1", select "Wah Pedal" with the "Function selector". Done.

ALSO, navigate to the “Pedal Links” page and activate “WahPedal >Volume”. When that is selected, those two functions are mutually exclusive. As soon as a wah effect is active, the Wah Pedal controls this Wah effect, while volume stays flat. As soon as there is no wah effect in the current Rig, or the wah effect is switched off, the Wah Pedal controls volume.

If you also want to control Pitch Effcts with this pedal, activate “WahPedal >Volume” *AND * “WahPedal >Pitch”. Now, the Wah Pedal will also control volume, as well as pedal pitch effects.

• Oh man not working for me.

First, added a wah pedal effect.

Went to System, chose Pedal 1 then under function chose WAH.

Went to Pedal Links, checked the box that says WAH>Volume.

Hit chord, move pedal, nothing.

What am I missing here?

• There's also a page in the System menu with a "Calibrate" button for the expression pedal; you should see a little bar corresponding to the current position of the pedal that moves when you move the pedal. It should give you some indication that the signal is being received by the Kemper. I have the same expression pedal and it works very well.

• UPDATE: OK, so I'm an idiot. I had placed the Kemper Rack into a roll around studio rack piece and the pedal had become unplugged during the process LOL

All works fine now, thanks so much for your help!