Dreaded guitar "chirping" sound

• Good day all. I am wondering if anyone has suggestions on the profiler for getting rid of, or at least minimizing, the dreaded (at least to me) chirping sound on my high gain profiles when I pick. I use a Friedmann JJ100 profile that I love and while I do not hear it in either FOH or stage wedges the issue comes when I use my in ears. Very noticeable in them. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mckay

• Good day all. I am wondering if anyone has suggestions on the profiler for getting rid of, or at least minimizing, the dreaded (at least to me) chirping sound on my high gain profiles when I pick. I use a Friedmann JJ100 profile that I love and while I do not hear it in either FOH or stage wedges the issue comes when I use my in ears. Very noticeable in them. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Have you adjusted the Pick parameter in (I believe) the amp block?

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• I have not yet as that is one aspect that I had missed and will definitely try that out tonight...so many features on the unit completely forgot that one. I have also been reading on using a compressor with a fast attack to try and minimize the chirping effect...has anyone tried this before?

Mckay

• I have not yet as that is one aspect that I had missed and will definitely try that out tonight...so many features on the unit completely forgot that one. I have also been reading on using a compressor with a fast attack to try and minimize the chirping effect...has anyone tried this before?

That could work, but I would try to dial it out another way if possible, if it works, it works, but it seems like that might choke it a little...high-gain tones are already very compressed by nature. But it's worth a try.

And as has been mentioned, if it only happens in the in-ears, they may be the issue, or at least making it worse. I don't have much experience there, so I can't help much. But I could see high scratchy sounds being exaggerated with IEMs.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Thank you everyone for chiming in on this topic. I do have several different brand/models of IEM and I will run each one through next time and see if it is lessened or exaggerated through the different models. It may also be the angle of my picking technique and I am also going to try a slightly thinner nylon pick to see if that also assists with it. I am going to try a fast attack on the compressor function just to see how it sounds and if it degrades the tone then i will keep searching. Thanks everyone!!

Mckay