Kemper stage up bank button not working

• My 2nd kemper stage that I just recieved as an exchange for my 1st one that I have had major problems with. Up bank button doesn't work *roughly 80% of the time.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Jesus, I've got the same problem with just one of those buttons. I've got a ticket open but it does not seem to be going anywhere. But you man are super unlucky having had to return 1 unit and receiving this. Is there really no QC on their end before they ship out?

• Jesus, I've got the same problem with just one of those buttons. I've got a ticket open but it does not seem to be going anywhere. But you man are super unlucky having had to return 1 unit and receiving this. Is there really no QC on their end before they ship out?

They told me that they were "pulling a new one, testing it again, updating it" but when I received it, sadly it still had problems (tuner and bank buttons not working sometimes).

• Hello,

I have similar problems with buttons 1 and 3 (and only with these) in perform mode. Very often I have to press the buttons more than one times (sometimes more than 10 times !). I updated the FW up and down, no success.

If the problem will not be solved soon, I would have to return it (unfortunately, it sounds great !). But for live using its unusable.

Jiri.

• i have the exact same issue here on that exact button? It seems if i catch it right hitting it towards the 11oclock angle it will go but not every time.

Is there anyone with experience with taking it apart and checking if its connected correctly....? or i also did a search and read someone twisting it or something>?

Anyone have updates from this time...ill open a ticket at some point but it seems like there has to be an easy fix for this.

• It is very obscure: I had the same problem in performance mode with the left swicht foot button to go to the next performance. At first, the problem showed in the form, that I had to try 2 or 3 times, until the button reacted. A few stomps later, it refused to function. Tried n times, it would not react anymore. The right foot switch still worked okay, but when you are on the first performance, your lost for changes.

This happened to me at 2019-12-30. Mailed the problem to kemper-support. Okay, I tried to turn the switch clockwise with fingers, as someone elsewhere said. But I did not feel any response like resistance or something else with my fingers. Just shutted up the stage. But then, the next day, the problem just disappeard. I do not understand, why! And hope, the problem will not show again!

• Support got back to me. Very great experience and provided some steps to See how things are functioning.

They described a button "counting" mode that will count foot switch presses to validate if its software issue or hardware.

Try yourself by pressing together the buttons INPUT&BACK to enter "Spy Mode" it displays counters for all the switches so you can see if its actually communicating.

When in this mode I was able to see it react the same way where about 30% of my presses were logging and rest nothing. I still had to hit a certain way to guarantee a press and pretty hard.

I ended up solving my issue while in the process of using this function. Was super handy and am now able to just press the button with my fingers again and it reacts the way id expect.

• Hi, Seems like this s#%t happens to me as well with the new stage. Looks like 3 switches are bad (effects III and 2 are really bad, and 1 sometimes).. I've never tried III before and it's really not working 99% of the time. 1 & 2 - I'm pretty sure they worked better in the last few days but today got really bad.

I ran this spy mode and saw it.. but before contacting support:
    I don't understand how did you solve the issue? Just by using this Spy Mode and later it started working?
    Your presses were wrong?
    What solved it?

Thanks!