can someone help with downloading factory presets

• I have been trying to download the new factory presets to my Kemper with no luck. I looked on the updated manual and tried to perform this by using the System button. According to the WHATS NEW IN VERSION 7.0.......it states press system button of your system profiler and select FACTORY PRESETS in system settings. The complete set of updated presets will be now imported automatically.

There is no factory presets selection under system. Whats the other way to perform this. After they are downloaded to the kemper are these now placed in the effects? Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Keith

• It is a bug in the software PROFILER Operating System 7.0. It is stated in the readme.text:

Known Issues

The function "Factory Presets" is still missing.

My question is then. If using the Rig Manager, then where is the preset package to be found, when all is deleted??

The manual says:

KEMPER PROFILER Addendum 7.0

select your PROFILER under "All Presets" in the left column, and delete all preset..

THANKS!

• I short: Where can I download "Factory Content 7" ????

KEMPER PROFILER Addendum 7.0

At this point, you could choose to use Rig Manager to import the entire set of new presets, or select elements of it, from the Preset Pack Factory Presets 7.0

Thanks!

• Thanks for helping out Paults!

But I dont seem to find them in the software interface.

In finder (packet content, of the program) there is this file "Kemper Factory Content 7.presetpack" but Rig Manager will not import it.

You can find them in Rig Manager:

Rig Manager/All Rigs/Rig Packs/Kemper Factory Content

Rig Manager/All Presets/Preset Packs/

• Just tried to uninstall Rig Manager completely.

Even running this "Rig Manager Cleanup.command"

Installing Rig Manager agian: Latest Version 2.3.14 (15127)

I still dont see any Preset Packs..

Is there maybe a fault in the mac version of the software??

• It looks like some folders are missing in your folder tree.

It is weird that you don’t even have the Rig Exchange folder.

If you disconnect your Kemper from the Mac, you should have,

-All Rigs

—--Local Library

—--Rig Exchange (which has a cloud icon, this folder is connected to KP content in their cloud)

—--Rig Packs

- All Presets

——-Local Library

——-Preset Packs (missing)

- All Performances

Try to reinstall RM again, keeping your Mac connected to internet.
    If that does not solve the issue, contact support.

• SOLVED!

Syntek you did point me in the right direction: I subscribed/enabled Rig Exchange, and then came also the preset packs!

Reason I did not enabled it just after installation, was that the program then crashed ;)

Thank you everyone for kindness and help! Time to rock again :)

• Is there a way to do this via USB? I cannot for the life of my get my Macbook Pro to recognize my Kemper since the Catalina update so Rig Manager is also an issue. No Factory Presets, no Rig Manager.

Yes, you can import Rigs and FX presets via USB.

1) Drag and Drop the Factory Content from Rig Manager into the Shared folder of a Kemper-formatted USB drive. (or, first onto your desktop or into a local folder, if a Mac does not allow direct drag and drop into the USB folder)

Then, load them using the USB drive into the Kemper.

• Yes, you can import Rigs and FX presets via USB.

1) Drag and Drop the Factory Content from Rig Manager into the Shared folder of a Kemper-formatted USB drive. (or, first onto your desktop or into a local folder, if a Mac does not allow direct drag and drop into the USB folder)

Then, load them using the USB drive into the Kemper.

simple. Got it! Thanks! I will now got back to not using RM until there's an update. haha

I just updated to OS7 and read the addendum, as mentioned above, that instructed to DELETE all presets, then reload them from the SYSTEM menu using the FACTORY PRESETS.

PROBLEM 1: The FACTORY item is still not in the SYSTEM menu

PROBLEM 2: The Addendum still has these bogus instructions in them, months later.

PROBLEM 3: The Addendum does mention that you can import the entire set (or select elements), but does not mention how -- this is not good user documentation. I tried the usual (select all, look in the right-click context menu, searched around menus). Only after coming to this forum thread did I see that I could just drag them from the Preset Packs\Kemper Factory Content folder to the Preset Packs\My Profiler. DO NOT make assumptions like that in user documentation. If you don't know why, don't worry about it -- just hire some proper content people.

Note to self: double-check all Kemper recommendations and makes sure all menu items actually exist before taking their recommendation for you to DELETE ALL presets.

Chris

Nothin' too good for my dog.