How to connect the stage with SPDIF to interface

• Hello Everyone,

I am a happy user of the profiler stage. I am trying to make it work to record via Spdif to my focusrite 6i6 interface.

But how would i set the connections? I would think i send the spdif output on the kemper to the input on the interface.

But the guy in this video ( at 4.28) has the output of the profiler stage connected to the output of the interface

and the input of the profiler stage to the input of the kemper. Is this correct? This seems weird to me

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Greetings,

Michael from the netherlands.

• Hi Michael, welcome and have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper!

But the guy in this video ( at 4.28) has the output of the profiler stage connected to the output of the interface

and the input of the profiler stage to the input of the kemper. Is this correct? This seems weird to me

Without watching too much of it, I jst saw the tiny lines between the jacks: No, that is not correct. It is as you say it: "Kemper out" to "interface in". That's all you need for recording and that's how I use it here with my unpowered rack version all the time. With that one the Kemper has to be Master for the clock/synchronizazion. As it seems that has changed with the Stage but not sure about it.

If you want to do re-amping, i.e. send your DAW DI track back to the Kemper and run it through different profiles, then you would need the second connection. That's from "interfache out" to "Kemper in" then. A bit careful then with the levels in different stages to not compromise the signal. But that works perfect and brings incredible results.