What are your favourite rigs proven live on stage?

• There is this wonderful thread on the forum about favourite rigs: What are "your" hidden gems in Rig Exchange? Post your best finds here ...

I found some great rigs there. I want to elaborate on this thread:

I have a powered toaster, with a passive cabinet (JBL 15"), monitor cab off.

After having tried the Kemper live on stage I soon found out that a lot of rigs lack body and sound thin, to put it simply. I was for example dissapointed with the TopJimi Brown Sound rigs. They (as do many) sound great on bedroom level but live there's simply not enough meat to cut through the mix and I hate compensating this with adding more db's.

So my question to you is: what are your specific favourite rigs proven live on stage?

(please refrain from advertising)

Edited 3 times, last by Guilese ().

• At the moment, my favourits are from Marco Fanton.

The Profiles from the Bogner XTC Clone (MF T&B) are awesome!

The Friedman BE100 Profiles from Bert Meulendijk are great, too!

Fender Am. Strat Standard | Fender Elite Standard | Ibanez AZ 2204 | Gibson Les Paul Standard | Suhr Standard Plus | Epiphone ES-335 Lim. Ed. |

Kemper Stage | Kemper Kone | Line6 HX Stomp | Strymon Sunset | Line 6 Relay G30 |

LD Systems U500 InEar | Behringer X32 Compact

SKEEN - Join The Revolution In Screen Protection

• My main live rigs are on the Rig Exchange:

JUBILEE OPEN sm57+C3

JUBILEE OPEN+2sm57

Thanks for the info- I'll give them a try :)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Top Jimi's Silver Jubilee and Caswell AFD. Both amps about medium gain and morph for solos. Sounds great at home and even better on stage!

• No, it's guitar cabinet.

But to be honest at least not a very common one with its 15" speaker and a JBL. At least not for meaty kinds of rock music ("Brown Sound" & co). Typically that goes through 12" speakers and rather Celestions, EV or similar. That makes a lot of the meaty sound. I agree with paults that there would be lot of tweaking necessary to get the tone in the ballpark of the 12"s. Certainly not impossible but not as natural.

For heavy rock I have good experience on stage with the ones I suggested in the thread you mentioned (mDan's Driftwood and Rupatche's Suhr PT100) but as well with MBritt's Driftwood pack. About to try Bert M.'s BE100 as well for live use.

• big plus one for Bert Meulendijk profiles. Used the Freidman BE100 last night on stage (in-ears - best sound ive had yet) and it was absolutely amazing. Lots of compliments from the sound guy who was very used to my Axefx sounds previously.

This was through a USA tele.

Cant recommend this guy's profiles enough.

• But to be honest at least not a very common one with its 15" speaker and a JBL. At least not for meaty kinds of rock music ("Brown Sound" & co). Typically that goes through 12" speakers and rather Celestions, EV or similar. That makes a lot of the meaty sound. I agree with paults that there would be lot of tweaking necessary to get the tone in the ballpark of the 12"s. Certainly not impossible but not as natural.

Lot's of suggestions, great!

I prefer 15" speakers and I don't hear a difference in 'meatiness' between the two types. SRV surely didn't mind.

• I have a powered rack Kemper and plug into Marshall and MESA cabs for gigs (don't use IEM or FOH) - the best live tones I've found are the Choptones John Petrucci pack of direct profiles and the freebie Michael Britt "Steve Stevens" profile available on his blog. Perfect for playing loud live hard rock/metal.

• Navar posted an absolutely awesome set of 5153 profiles here on the forum. I'm not sure if they are on Rig Exchange. Quite basically i set up his profiles in a performance and used them on stage with my old band. The newest guitar player has a 5153 50 watt and I wasn't using my normal cab. Adjusted the low end in the output section and he couldn't believe how dead on it was. I've used a ton of STL Tones and M. Britt profiles live as well. I haven't gigged the Tone Junkie profiles I have but I wouldn't sweat using them if i needed to.