Local Library Folder Number (Top Folder) doesn't show summary of Numbers in Sub Folders? What's wrong?

• In my Local Library I created Sub-Folders and moved Rigs in these Sub-Folders.

Local Library (150)

->FolderA (50)

->FolderB (25)

->FolderC (25)

Unfortunately Total Sum of all Subfolders (50+25+25=100) doesn't correspond with 150. What have I done? Where do I find the rest?

Thank you!:)

• They're probably at the root level of the Local Library folder.

This holds true for any folder you create:

If you drag Rigs to a folder they're "stored" at its root level.

When you create subfolders within this folder, they too appear at the root level.

You just don't see the root-level Rigs 'til you highlight the folder they're contained in. Make sense?

Welcome, hedlinger. :)

• Thank you for answering! :)

The folder "Local Library" is already the rood-folder. When I go to the rood-folder, I can see at at the right window all the 100 Rigs and at the bottom left corner says: 100 Rigs. So that's what I can see in the folder.

But in the left window it says (150)... but there aren't 150.

You say I dont see the rood-level Rigs untill I highlight the folder they are contained in. ==> But there aren't any folder except my Folder A, B and C?

Maybe I didn't unterstand probably.

Thank you very much!:)

• No worries, hedlinger.

You say I dont see the rood-level Rigs untill I highlight the folder they are contained in. ==> But there aren't any folder except my Folder A, B and C?

The Local Library folder is a folder too, so I was saying to highlight it to see the Rigs that are stored in it.

The number displayed in the left pane next to a folder should be the total number of Rigs in that folder:

Individual folders + Rigs stored at the root level, which you only see when you highlight this parent folder.

There will always be less Rigs visible than the indicated number when you highlight the parent because that number includes all of those I outlined.

Local Library (150)

->FolderA (50)

->FolderB (25)

->FolderC (25)

Based on this, you should see 50 Rigs when you highlight the Local Library folder, not 100 as you say you're seeing.

• Hi Monkey_Man! Thank you again.

Attached please find the screen photo from my Rig Manager:

Local Library (148)

-> BM Folder1 (11)

-> BM Folder2 (18)

-> BM Folder3 (13)

-> BM Folder4 (31)

-> BM Folder5 (16)

I have one (1) Rig in Local Library (Root Folder) makes in total 59 Rigs (as shown in the bottom lime "1 out of 59 Rigs selected").

Why does the Local Library show (148) although there are only in total 59 Rigs in the Rood Folder?

It seems like a mistake?

Thank you very much!

• Mate, it's exactly correct, and precisely as I've explained it.

Let's break this one down:

Parent folder total: 148 Rigs

minus

Subfolder total: 11+18+13+31+16 = 89 Rigs

leaves

59 Rigs

So there should be 59 Rigs at the root level of the Local Library folder, and there are.

If it seems strange, look at it this way:

What other option does Kemper have? If the Rigs were shown in the left pane alongside the folders contained in the parent folder (Local Library), which is actually where they are (same level - root), it'd be a huge mess! So Kemper has chosen to make them invisible unless you click on the parent folder, which is fine 'cause you already see the subfolders regardless of whether or not you click on the parent.

Don't worry if you still don't understand; we'll get you there! ;)

• I got it!! Thank you sooo much!

My mistake was: I didn't see, that the Rigs in my Local Library folder were copies of the Rigs in my Subfolders. Now I deleted all Rigs from the Local Library Folder I already stored in the Subfolders. When I now look at the Local Library folder I can only see the remaining Rigs which I don't have in the Sub Folders. That's it!

Thank you very much! :thumbup::)