A question before I buy…

• Hello out there,

After I've seen the new KPA Stage I am about to jump into the Kemper adventure.

You've heard this before but currently I am a die hard tube lover. Mainly clean Vox and Fender amps make me sweat and a Neil Young'ish Deluxe with a greenback is my huge love. But my back isn't as strong as it was, so I have to find a perfect and lightweight replacement.

My first attempt was the Positive Grid Bias amp which sounded ok but the different volume levels on the several amp models drove me crazy.

Before I now sink money again I thought it is a good idea to register at this forum even without a KPA and look around. I used the search feature, found some partial answers on that, but please allow me asking here straight:

Does have the KAP as well issues with different volume levels on different profiles?

Thanks in advance.

• Welcome to the forum! Different profiles will have different volumes, since they are profiled by different people using varying settings. However, you can adjust this to your own liking once you have them on your own unit. There is also a parameter called Clean Sense that helps adjust relative volume of clean tones vs overdriven ones.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Welcome to the forum,

als Zappledan said. With the Kemper it´s easy adjust the volume of different profiles and save that, so there is no great volume change when you switch to another profile.

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• I've had to wait in order to be able to post this (don't ask), but it was written 20 minutes ago as an immediate response. Sorry if any of it's now redundant:

For me, no. There's always going to be some variation 'though, so if you're setting up a Performance to use live, for example, and you need to balance your clean Rigs with the dirty ones to use in the same song or set, you can tweak the Rig Volume parameter, which has its own knob.

This knob works in any mode, of course, is independent of the main-out levels (which can be set differently for the various outputs), and is intended to help you refine Rig levels to-taste. You can grab the knob regardless of which editing page you might be on.

The inevitable question at this point is whether or not it affects tone. No, it doesn't. It's completely-transparent.

Welcome to the forum, mate. Hopefully you get some of the answers you're after and it helps you to make up your mind. That said, there's nothing like experiencing it for yourself at home, so depending on where you are in the world, it might be easiest to buy the Stage and assess it within the return-policy timeframe. Here in Australia we don't have this luxury, but from what I can tell Europe, the UK and the States' stores offer 30->45 days.

• it will take effort,, just like building a new rig with an amp and pedal board, but once you have it, you'll never look back,

Find your base profile, and go from there, try not to get sucked into the,, a fender for clean tones, a marshall for lead,, I tried it, and the vol diff between profiles was a big headache,,,I found it was way better , at least for me, to find my base/ dream tone, and build a rig based off it,

Enjoy,,

• Wow – you folks are very fast! And thanks for the warm welcome!

I'll dig deeper in al videos and documentation before I buy. Abut there is one thing for sure: the community is much bigger than it is for the BIAS.

Thanks for now.

• And, for clean tones with just a bit of grit, check out the Morgan AC20 rig by rmpacheco on the Rig Exchange.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Please excuse if I am not familiar with the rules here in the forum. May I add here my next question or should I start for every question a new thread?

However, I am making progress with my decision to buy the KPA Stage. Regarding the output I have two ideas: I'd like to use my good old Genelec 8020 for my home & practising use. For the two bands I am playing I'd like to buy a new Laney LFR-112. How would you judge about my idea?

Thanks again!

• Hey, Welcome. I do not know any of the mentioned speakers. But for home Use the Genelecs should be fine. For live Use I use a guitar cabinet, only a DI signal for FOH or something like the Yamaha DXR-10s.

• How would you judge about my idea?

Absolutely fine. The Genelecs should be neutral enough for home use and the Laney has been mentioned here quite some time. Please review the numerous threads which dealt with other FRFR solutions like the Yamaha DXR10 and especially the Headrush 108. You'll find those easily with the search function of the forum. Interesting reading for you there.

• Hey, Welcome. I do not know any of the mentioned speakers. But for home Use the Genelecs should be fine. For live Use I use a guitar cabinet, only a DI signal for FOH or something like the Yamaha DXR-10s.

I guess a standard guitar cab won't work, because I plan to buy the unpowered version of the KPA Stage.

• I guess a standard guitar cab won't work, because I plan to buy the unpowered version of the KPA Stage.

In that case you are right. In that case you might go for a powered speaker. Or you could buy an Power amp as well. Actually in that case I would prefer something like the mentined DXR-10s or anything similar.

• I guess a standard guitar cab won't work, because I plan to buy the unpowered version...

True. It would only work with a separate power amp which you could get in different flavours (19" rack format or pedal format, mono or stereo). Advantage with a guitar cab is the increased "amp in the room" feeling. Some people like this although you are more limited in your sound based on the choice of cab and speaker. With an FRFR you would have more versatility as the Kemper controls the full sound incl. speaker types etc.