Calling Helix + Kemper Users

• Hi all,

Former Helix user here with a Stage. I’m starting to think about purchasing a HXFX or Stomp to do 4CM with the Kemper. Specifically for the drives, one off effects not on the Kemper and in the hopes they one day do polyphonic and I can ditch some other pedals.

Can anyone comment on this setup and specifically how they like the overdrive modeling with the Kemper?

I’m still thinking it’s better to see how the new Kemper ODs shake out whenever they release but it would be nice to have more than 8 effects blocks if needed.

Thanks in advance!

• HXFX has six buttons and supports 9 blocks for FX and routing. Stomp only has 3 buttons and supports 6 blocks. These have some good modulation and dynamics effects too. I think the HXFX is a good match with the Stage.

As to drives - more range and variety on the Line6 side as things stand - specific pedals are modelled .

Some new stomps coming to the KPA apparently (eg the already accidentally revealed SlowGear) but when we can't say. I would expect new info perhaps at Winter NAMM in January next year.

• I have both Stage and HXFX. I've not hooked them up together yet (HXFX is on a different PB right now). I'm sure it would be an awesome 4CM setup though. HXFX has much more options of overdrives and modulations to choose from. You could MIDI them together and run the HXFX from the perform mode on the Stage. You could also pair in mono both effects loops to HXFX blocks in pre or post Kemper amp/cab stack. Hmmmm, I might have to do some testing myself on that lol.

• Pairing an HXFX with a stage would be a very good combination. Use MIDI to send PCs to the HXFX and you can call up a "board" that is set up for specific rigs/performances. The HXFX would be a much better choice for this than the Stomp, as the Stomp is mainly an amp modeler with effects, the HXFX is effects only and is designed for just such an application.

• Pairing an HXFX with a stage would be a very good combination. Use MIDI to send PCs to the HXFX and you can call up a "board" that is set up for specific rigs/performances. The HXFX would be a much better choice for this than the Stomp, as the Stomp is mainly an amp modeler with effects, the HXFX is effects only and is designed for just such an application.

You can go the other way also: with the HXFX, you have a page called the command center (IIRC) where you can assign MIDI controls (PC, CC etc) to each patch/snapshot/footswitch on the HXFX. So you can use the HXFX to control the Stage whereas, at present the stomp does not have this facility. Stomp can send PC messages only.

Anyway - the point that the HXFX is well set up to work with the Stage is well made and the two units side by side is a pretty powerful combo.