Carlos Santana! SOUNDZ?!?

• Hi folks,

a few years ago my all-time-hero carlos santana had a decent hit with the singer from nickelback: "into the night"

my guess is that he used one of his two dumbles for the recording (i am talking about the melody in the intro not the wah-wah solo-part)
    now i am totally at a loss how to achieve that kind of sound with few distortion yet endless sustain
    i know some real pros are here surfing the kemper forum and hundreds of cool cats, too ...
    so, please, any suggestions how to begin with?
    1) profile 2) effects pre and post?

thanks in advance

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• if you want BIG natural sustain with rather cleanish sounds there is ONE thing that really helps: VOLUME.

• Agree! You're not going to get there at anything lower then stage volume. As for the profiles check the stock Fuchs ODS from Peter Fischer, the Brute&Phatt serie, the Two Rock TS-1 and the Mesa 10W one. They'll all need some advanced tweaking depending on your guitar/fingers/picking but they can get you there.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• my neighbours are going to have a few weeks in spain :D
    will check those profiles out on thursday 8)

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.