3 Things you would like Kemper to develop (and release) in the next month

• OK, my 3 preferred (in order of preference) ehancements are-

1. Kemper Editor

2. Kemper Foot-controller

3. Kemper delay selection (*i.e. a greater selection of delay models i.e. multitap etc)

(4) Power section

What’s yours? ?(

Edited once, last by gazz5467 ().

• Well timing is important. The axe2 almost 6.0 ready to drop, it changes the landscape a bit. Today, the kemper can grab any amp (or modeller if you like). That has been a competitive advantage for a while now. A huge advantage. Positive reviews are flowing in. People are digging it.
    Soon, the axe will grab any amp, modeller or quality recording of a guitar. So as folks liked to say they profiled everything on the axe, guess what-the axe will cop anything on the kpa, or any other amp, or any recorded guitar track you can get your hands on. Then, of course, you could profile the model of that recorded guitar track. And then cop it again on the axe...ahhhh!
    Yikes. I'm glad to own both horses in this race.

Guitars-Lifeson Axcess Red, Lifeson Axcess Brown, Iced Tea Axcess stop tail, LRP Sig 57
    Amp-Axefx2, KPA, G5, GSP1101, RCF, QSC, Matrix, EHX-Mag44

• 'Soon, the axe will grab any amp, modeller or quality recording of a guitar.'

I bet kemper are working on this as we speak (released just before Fractal Vers 6?), they obviously do not want to be left behind in a technology they have pioneered.

• (1) KPA computer editor (to prevent my arm from falling off)

(2) Harmonizer (Intelligent Pitch Shifter) effect

(3) Some kind of amp/speaker resonance parameters to improve the feel/punch

(3)' Performance mode?

-Jake

I bet kemper are working on this as we speak (released just before Fractal Vers 6?), they obviously do not want to be left behind in a technology they have pioneered.

I hope so! The best thing for all of us is some healthy competition. Both camps have been quiet with the new stuff, which I get because we all keep asking when...and you can't ask the when when you don't know the what. What?

Guitars-Lifeson Axcess Red, Lifeson Axcess Brown, Iced Tea Axcess stop tail, LRP Sig 57

• The only thing I can't do with the KPA that I did with the axe is play violin on two songs. So I guess a synth effect, but I can live without that.
    Beyond that, I really don't miss anything. It would be nice to de-couple the wah from a stomp since it is always in my presets anyway. That would free up another stomp block which would be nice. But that is nit-picky. I dont use a lot of effects anyway.
    If there were to focus on anything-I'd say the foot controller(that took fractal a long time) and that pop-in power supply (fractal probably never will have). They don't want to be seen as playing catchup, like fractal-in a way-is now. The foot controller will flat out sell the unit as a live rig(make sure it doesnt cost the same as the MFC!). And the power unit turns a preamp into an all out amp-which would be a competitive advantage.

• 1. Kemper editor.
    2. Save profiled stomps as fx so can be used in front of amps. I'd love to try the Red Llama clone and Tchula in front of the Morgan, 65 Deluxe and Lancer profiles.
    3. Have a think about the profiling process. I've found that when I get the initial profile it's always lacking some low mids compared with the reference amp (the so-called 'Kemper Doughnut') and I have to refine about six times to get the kemper profile sounding 95% like the reference amp. I've not yet managed 100%.

Vintage amp obsessive

It's clearly explained on the fractal forum that the 6.0 update is eq match, not any KPA profiling with patent. For many years eq match can be done in any DAW with plugins like Ozone.
    First find an amp in the Axe that resembles the amp/soundclip, record a clip and then the eq is matched in the Axe on that chosen amp model.
    Eq match can't fetch any information about the real amps distortion character, attack, compression, dynamic behaviour etc. It is still a useful feature and it will be interesting to compare it to the KPA.

To get back on topic, some features I would like:

-Looper (useful for A/B comparisons and more)
    -SPDIF Direct Dry Signal Send as well as amp
    -Editor
    -More multi function buttons = less button pressing, more easy knob scrolling

• 3. Have a think about the profiling process. I've found that when I get the initial profile it's always lacking some low mids compared with the reference amp (the so-called 'Kemper Doughnut') and I have to refine about six times to get the kemper profile sounding 95% like the reference amp. I've not yet managed 100%.

I too have found that the KPA profiles tend to be shallow in the very low midrange (aprox.150 to 350z).

Here's my list:

1) Smoother Amp distortion characteristics with improved feel.

2) Quieter and better-sounding stomp ODs (less internal noise in Loop as well).

3) A short 'ambiance' stomp to add very short delays or room ambiance for fattening - this way the dedicated Delay & Reverb blocks can be used for longer, more spacious effects.

((4)) An overall improved Noise Reduction system.

((5)) A parameter to control the chorusing that's built into the Reverb.

All modelers known to man 8o