FW 7.1.1 Public Beta Feedback Thread

• 7.1.1 public beta now available for all models

From Burkhard:

We just published 7.1.1 for all PROFILER models.

PROFILER Operating System 7.1.1.15153/15155

User Interface

fixed: lost snapshots during upgrade

Thank you, Burkhard and the team! <3

• "fixed: lost snapshots during upgrade"

Doesn't work for me. :(

I tried latest 7.1.1. Tried = kaos 7.1.1 booted from USB directly. (I don't upgrade anymore to test new fw, instead I use direct load from USB)

My snapshots are still lost. If I use fw 6, they are back.

• "fixed: lost snapshots during upgrade"

Doesn't work for me. :(

I tried latest 7.1.1. Tried = kaos 7.1.1 booted from USB directly. (I don't upgrade anymore to test new fw, instead I use direct load from USB)

My snapshots are still lost. If I use fw 6, they are back.

You should store your snapshots as rigs in your pool while on OS6 and then upgrade. Snapshots should be treated as temporary until such time as you save them as rigs.

• You should store your snapshots as rigs in your pool while on OS6 and then upgrade. Snapshots should be treated as temporary until such time as you save them as rigs.

Could you please provide any source of this recommendation? I am not aware of anything like that.

And even if it was true, it would be nonsense. Who would ever develop upgrade process like this? It's developers' task to think about such cases and make sure thing will work out.

I am still waiting for OS v7 which will handle my snapshots properly.

I have more snapshots. Whenever i like my tweaking, I just take snapshot. And I have many of them. Will I need them in the future? I don't know. Why on earth should I save them as rigs if I am not sure I like them?

Didn't CK say that 'guitarists should not lost any amp settings' - that's why Snapshots were introduced?

• Could you please provide any source of this recommendation? I am not aware of anything like that.

And even if it was true, it would be nonsense. Who would ever develop upgrade process like this? It's developers' task to think about such cases and make sure thing will work out.

I am still waiting for OS v7 which will handle my snapshots properly.

I have more snapshots. Whenever i like my tweaking, I just take snapshot. And I have many of them. Will I need them in the future? I don't know. Why on earth should I save them as rigs if I am not sure I like them?

Didn't CK say that 'guitarists should not lost any amp settings' - that's why Snapshots were introduced?

From the Kemper main manual... Page 45...

• From the Kemper main manual... Page 45...

Well, I didn't find anything in the manual that tells me that:

- You should store your snapshots as rigs in your pool while on OS6 and then upgrade.

- Snapshots should be treated as temporary until such time as you save them as rigs.

Am I missing something? :huh:

• If the snapshots were permanent then there would be no need to save them in the rig pool. The Rig Pool is accessed with the Rig Manager and is backed up when you make a back up. The snapshot are not.