Kemper Profiler Stage - two separate stereo outputs

• Sincerely,

I have a question: I own a special guitar with two fingerboards, one of which is a guitar (electric guitar) and the other a ukulele (piezzo). I switch tools with one switch. I expect the new Kempr to be able to create a separate stereo output for the ukulele rigs (I tried it through LOOP) and a guitar (master output). Unfortunately, in the signal, whether or not I have LOOP included, there is a SEND1 (I did not try to send2) signal (according to the setting in Kemper Stage. I simply thought that when I direct all the ukulele sounds to a stereo LOOP (end of string) the guitar will only play with the master OUT and ukulele out through the SEND1 and SEND2 stereo, but it doesn't work so it is possible to set this new model to play guitar rig on Master OUT (or elsewhere) and say ukulelerigs say through SEND1 and SEND2 (or but in stereo, and to always be defined in every rig.

I will be grateful for any advice ... :(

• Not sure I got everything you wrote, but if you place a loop in Slot 1 and connect the uku from the back (Alt Input) you should hear it when the slot is engaged.
    Is this what you did?

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• Not sure I got everything you wrote, but if you place a loop in Slot 1 and connect the uku from the back (Alt Input) you should hear it when the slot is engaged.
    Is this what you did?

But I'm talking about the Kemper Profiler Stage, the floor version, not the older models. The new model has two SENDs and up to two LOOPs can be inserted.

• The way to do it is to place an FX Loop in Stomp A. Use the Return for the Loop as the Uke input and the main input for the guitar.

If you want to be able to have the Uke and guitar play at the same time (probably not likely in your case but for anyone with a guitar with magnetic pickups and a piezo for acoustic tones it may be appropriate to blend them) activate Parallel Path in the Rig Menu and the acoustic input will be active when the Stomp A is turned on.

If you only want the signals to be mutually exclusive then there is no need for the parallel path.

• The way to do it is to place an FX Loop in Stomp A. Use the Return for the Loop as the Uke input and the main input for the guitar.

If you want to be able to have the Uke and guitar play at the same time (probably not likely in your case but for anyone with a guitar with magnetic pickups and a piezo for acoustic tones it may be appropriate to blend them) activate Parallel Path in the Rig Menu and the acoustic input will be active when the Stomp A is turned on.

If you only want the signals to be mutually exclusive then there is no need for the parallel path.

But if I understand it well, it doesn't solve my situation.

I will describe it again:

I have a guitar where both the guitar and the ukulele are coming from one output jack. But I never go together, always a guitar or ukulele. This signal goes to the Kemper Profiler Stage input. I thought that when I use the XLR output jacks for guitar and SEND1 and SEND2 outputs using LOOPs as ukulele outputs, it will work that way. Just in the guitar, LOOP will not be used or even included in the string, and in ukulele rigs the LOOP would be ranked at the very end of the string after the reverb - it can be done. It also works, but!

In the guitar signal there is also a "dry" sound of the guitar on the input, although I do not have the LOOP in the string, which is a bit puzzling. I thought if I didn't use the LOOP, there would be no signal. With rigs for ukulele it's ok, the signal is ok, so at least it seems to me. I have to solve this, otherwise unfortunately KEMEr will not use as I thought and will have to go away. Once again the guitar goes one cable alternately with either a guitar or ukulele signal, depending on what I choose on the guitar switch. And I want it to get two independent stereo signals for further processing in the mixer respectively. Recording.

http://mojagitara.com/pk-guitars-gitaro-ukulele-gu-1/

Ale ak som to dobre pochopil, tak to mne nerieši moju situáciu.

Popíšem to ešte raz:

Mám gitaru, kde z jedného výstupného jacku idú obidva signály gitara aj ukulele. Nikdy však nejdu spolu, vždy gitara alebo ukulele. Tento signál ide na vstup Kemper Profiler Stage. Ja som si myslel, že keď použijem výstupné XLR konektory pre gitaru a SEND1 a SEND2 výstupy s použitím LOOPs ako výstupy pre ukulele, že to tak bude fungovať. Proste pri gitare nebude LOOP použitý a ani zaradený do reťazca, a pri ukulele rigs by bol LOOP zaradený úplne na konci reťazca až za reverb - ide to urobiť. Ono to aj funguje, ale!

V gitarovom signále je prítomný aj "dry" zvuk gitary na vstupe aj keď nemám LOOP zaradený v reťazci, čo na trochu zaráža. Myslel som, že keď LOOP nepoužijem tak tam ani žiaden signál nebude. Pri rigs pre ukulele je to ok, signál je v poriadku, teda aspon sa mi zdá. Musím toto vyriešiť, inak bohužiaľ KEMEr nevyužijem ako som si myslel a bude musieť ísť preč. Ešte raz z gitary ide jeden kábel striedavo zo signálom buď gitaray alebo ukulele, podľa toho čo si na gitare prepínačom navolím. A chcem to aby som dostal dva nezávislé stereo signály pre )dalšie spracovaqnie v mixpulte resp. recordingu.

• I have obviously misunderstood the problem. I now understand the one input for both instruments. However, i am unsure why the Loops are required of you only ever use Guitar OR Uke at any one time.

I would try the follow experiments

Firstly, try assigning the Guitar to Main Outs and the Uke to Monitor Out Stereo. Set both to receive master stereo as the source. Then set the Guitar Rigs to mute monitor Out (volume 0) but the Uke Rigs to send Monitor Out full volume and mute the Main outs.

If you only need mono signals then just use the main outs but set the Panorama control in Rig Menu to full Left for Guitar and full Right for Uke.

Neither of these would need the Loop at all.

Alternatively, if you need to use the Loop and it is in the last slot try changing the Series/Parallel configuration (Dly+Rev Routing in Rig Menu se page 220 of the manual.

However, it may just be that there is currently a bug. I tried and experiment yesterday with parallel path and even at a setting where there should have been no signal from the Slot A and Slot B FX there was still some bleeding through.

• OK.

I don’t have a Stage (Power Head user) but I’ve tried everything I can think of and can’t find any way to achieve what you’re looking for.

The problem with the Loop option is that even the Stereo loops are mono send/stereo return (at least on the Toaster). So when you turn on a loop you still only send one signal. Maybe the stage is different but I can’t tell for sure from the manual.

However, I’m still struggling to understand why you need two stereo outputs. What processing are you adding at the desk that differs for each signal? If it is EQ/Compression/Reverb etc. They can all be saved as part of the rig within the Kemper and sent to a single stereo pair on the desk. What am I missing?

• If I understand you well, you ask why I have two independent stereo signals. I need them to be able to process each stereo signal (ukulele separately and guitar separately) separately in the mix while playing live. This means adjusting the gain, EQ, etc.

• Yes. that’s what I thought you meant. However, you can set up two different rigs in a performance (one for Guitar and one for Uke) but add a studio EQ or graphic EQ to the rig to control the EQ and Gain in the KPA and send the two different sounds to a single pair of channels on the desk using just the main outputs of the Kemper. As you never need to blend the sounds of the Guitar and Uke (only playing one at a time) you can just change profiles with a footswitch when you switch instruments. This would be by far the simplest solution.

• You wrote:

First, try to match the guitar to the main outputs and Uke to monitor the stereo output. Set both to receive the main stereo source. Then set the Guitar Rigs to mute the Monitor Out (Volume 0), but the Uke Rigs have sent the Monitor Out at full volume and muted the main outputs.

Ok, but I can't see in the RIG settings where you can adjust the volume for the Master OUT stereo and Monitor OUT stereo separately for each RIG. There is no such parameter.

Where exactly can I set Volume on guitar rig so that I put Monitior out to "0" and Master out stereo to the desired value and ukulele rig Master volume to "0" and Monitor OUT to the desired value ???

So how do I get the Kemper Profiler Stage so that all the rigs I use for guitar sounds have Master Volume and Monitor volume attenuated, and vice versa, all the rigs I use for ukuleles have Master Volume attenuated and Monitor Volume added?

• Sorry, I wasn’t at my Kemper when I wrote that. I have since tried it and, whilst it is possible to turn the Monitor Out volume up and down with an expression pedal you can’t mute the Main Outs in the way I had intended. So that method isn’t going to work.

The best solution as far as I can see is to use just the main outputs.

Have two separate rigs for Guitar and for Uke.

Use one stereo pair of inputs on the desk.

Do all of the EQ, Compression, Gain matching, Reverb etc inside the Kemper. This should work just as well (if not better than) trying to set up two separate mixer feeds.

Think of it like using a DAW and “mixing in the box”. A massive proportion of top recordings don’t get mixed on a physical mixing desk anymore. Instead the engineer does everything in the box using plug ins. The Kemper can handle full Parametric EQ (studio EQ) for each rig which is more powerful than most live mixers, as well as compression, gain levels etc. Therefore, you should be able to achieve pretty much anything you need before sending to the mixer. It’s a much simpler set up all round.

• That's nice what you write, but two stereo separate outputs ensure that as we walk and play from place to place, and depending on whether you're playing outdoors or in a room, I need to set up girar rigs and ukulele rigs in a real place is changing. Some solid rig on guitar and one on ukulele is not enough for me. I use many rigs for gitaqra from pure through crunch to distorted and lead and ukulele also a few sounds. The problem is that we often play the sound without a sound engineer and set the sound by myself, and I need to differentiate (both frequency and volume) these two instruments. But thanks for trying to help. Perhaps I will leave it so far by going MONO on the ukulele through SEND1 at midnight LOOP, which I put at the very end.

Or the second solution, to include the Kemper dibox A / B switch and thus switch its paths for git and ukulele ...

• I hear what you are saying and understand what you mean.

I still think a single set of outputs and mixing in the box is a viable solution.

I understand the fact that venues will differ and require different EQ etc. However, this should be consistent for both the guitar and uke signals. Therefore, as long as they are balanced and EQ’d well RELATIVE to each other the one channel (stereo pair) on the desk would be sufficient to EQ to suit the room or outside location on a gig by gig basis.

Think of it like this. You need multiple guitar sounds ( clean, crunch, rock etc) which you set up as individual rigs in the Kemper. You don’t re EQ all of these individual guitar rigs on a gig by gig basis. The Uke sound is nothing more than another guitar rig. I use a couple of electric guitars with piezo pickups n them. For this I simply save as many guitar rigs as I need plus a single acoustic rig (I could use more if required though). I then switch rigs as necessary and send everything out the main stereo outs. If I need both blended together, I send the piezo signal through the Parallel Path using Stomp A Loop as an input and and EQ in Stomp B. The guitar signal goes in through the main input and through the rest of the signal chain from Stomp C onward. Your situation is even simpler as you never play both Uke and guitar together.

If you really must send two stereo pairs and don’t mind using an external piece of gear sich as a di box or A/B pedal I would try a stereo A/B after the main outs like this:

Stereo A/Bpedal

• One more question: Is it possible to control the riga volume via the MORPH function? I know I can tune the volume pedal but I would like to make a sound that I can move from rhythm to solo and morph, besides other parameters, I would like to add volume ...

• You’re in luck ?

You can control pretty much anything that isn’t a Global parameter via morph. You can control any one parameter or as many as like simultaneously.

There are are various ways you could a achieve a volume boost. The most obvious one is to link the Rig Volume to the Morph function. Or you could morph the Amp Volume in the Stack Block.

Another way is to morph in the mix and/or volume of a boost or OD pedal after the Stack. Or you could use the Wah Pedal Booster FX. Although it is called “Wah” Pedal Booster it doesn’t actually do any wah bit just lets you control volume with the Wah Pedal or Morph pedal. This can be really useful if you want to have a volume pedal at two different places in the signal path such as before the Stack to affect the way the front of the amp is driven and after the stack to simply make thing louder or quieter. The Wah Pedal booster can have + or - settings to boost or cut volume.

• Another question (since I don't have the detailed manual in our language):

When I switch the RIGs with switches 1 to 5 and then press the Up or Down button over them, it immediately starts playing a new sound that belongs to the RIG that is located at (or below) the previous one. But that's wrong. I need to set me to specify which row to play when switching up or down, for example:

I play Rig 2 in the lowest row (no down below). I want to go to the sound in rig 10. But after pressing Up, Rig 7 immediately starts playing. I want him to play.