Are Output Settings Global?

• The manual says yes, but I keep turning off "Pure Cab" and when I change to a different rig and come back to check "Pure Cab" is back on....the lock feature doesn't seem to work for the "output"as it does for the "input".

Also, I am connecting my Kemper via the monitor outs to my two Yamaha HS8s, so I set both main/monitor outputs as master stereo on p 1/7 and send 1 output as off, but on p 2/7 monitor volume (and monitor out link) are greyed out. So are the send volume and link but that makes sense since they are off. Main volume/link and headphone volume/link are not greyed out which also makes sense since on p1/7 they are both on.

When at the main rig page (landing page) and I change the mast volume, main/monitor/headphone volumes have an asterisk next to them, but only main/headphone have values that change with the knob.

Help!

I'm using a Kemper Stage BTW.

• Thanks for the replies guys.

Yes Ruefus, disengaging in output by unchecking, switch to another rig then back again....and it's back on.

Wheresthedugs' explanation seems to make perfect sense and explains what I have experiences....but that is so non-intuitive! I guess I'm going to keep it off in the Output section so my Rigs that don't need it aren't affected.

Since Pure Cab ins't a global setting then and shouldn't be in the output section, better to keep it rig specific to avoid this confusion.

Is Pure Cab the only setting in output which isn't truly global?

Here's the response from support in case anybody is interested. The last part talks about the issue I was having with the volume displays. Surprised they didn't clarify the not-so-global Pure Cab like Where did, or maybe I misunderstood them.

the Output Section is global, which means it is locked by definition. Pure Cabinet has a global and a Rig specific component. This is what the Main Manual says about

PURE CABINET

As mentioned in the previous chapter, mic'ed guitar cabinets often have an unpleasant, “phasey” sound in the high-end frequencies – something you don’t get if you listen to a guitar cabinet directly, without a microphone. PURE CABINET™ will gently polish the sound of the virtual (mic'ed) guitar cabinet to bring it closer the sound of the direct guitar cabinet. The fundamental character of the sound will still be maintained.

All applications that use the mic'ed sound (virtual guitar cabinet) of the PROFILER can benefit from PURE CABINET: recordings, live venues, full-range monitors, in-ear monitors, or just noodling with headphones on. It adapts naturally to the individual sound of each guitar cabinet - the more unbalanced the original guitar cabinet, the more impact it will have. With amp sounds that are fully clean, PURE CABINET is hardly noticeable.

PURE CABINET is available as a global setting in the Output Section and affects all Rigs that you listen to. However, the original sound of each Rig remains unchanged, and you can switch PURE CABINET on or off whenever you like. There are two parameters for PURE CABINET in the Output Section, on the “Output AddOns” page: use the corresponding soft knob to set the desired amount and use the corresponding button to do a quick A/B comparison against the original cabinet sound. To completely disengage the global PURE CABINET, you must uncheck the switch, as it still has an effect even when the controller is at zero.

If you would rather have individual settings of PURE CABINET per Rig or cabinet preset, there is a second parameter in the cabinet module. There is no switch for the local parameter - it is disengaged by setting it to zero. Both values of PURE CABINET interact such that the larger of the two values is always given priority and will be applied as the actual intensity of the PURE CABINET effect.

! Check out tutorial videos, which explain and demonstrate PURE CABINET at: www.kemper-amps.com/video

Regarding the greyed out Monitot Output Volume and Link … this might be a left over of a slightly different MONITOR OUTPUT architecture of classical PROFIELR models. Please make sure to use latest OS revision e. . 7.1.1 and perform the following reset of global settings: