Settings to change when going to FRFR?

• So I finally took the plunge and purchased a Matrix FR212 to replace my Avatar 2x12 w/Creambacks. I had tuned the Profiler to use the guitar cab. Monitor cab was off. I added a Recti shaper to several profiles to try to get more “presence”. I think I added a bit of treble and presence to the main eq as well.

When I first plugged into my Fr212 it sounded horrible. I had to turn monitor cab back on. Then I changed the global eq to take off the treble and presence but it still sounds a bit shrill.

Are there other settings I need to change?

• Thanks. I found out that my 212 guitar cab was definitely “homogenizing” the profiles. They all sounded similar and now that I’m in FRFR I am able to see the huge difference in quality between many of them.

mill have to go figure out how to do the IR’s

• Thanks. I found out that my 212 guitar cab was definitely “homogenizing” the profiles. They all sounded similar and now that I’m in FRFR I am able to see the huge difference in quality between many of them.

mill have to go figure out how to do the IR’s

Yes after a while .. I noticed that in my last 2x12 too, the speakers end up shaping the profiles .. and end up sounding drab ..

Profiles really come alive when it comes to FRFR ..

Look for "Cab Maker" on the kemper website ... it's a tool for converting IRs .wav files to kemper compatible format.