Chelsea 1, Barcelona nearly 5. :)

• I saw determination, simply more willpower and great strategic discipline. Barca was overly confident and deservedly lost.

I saw will power a lot of it, but the amount of miss goals, ball hit the post by barça and benfica is waaaay more then willpower of chelsea in my opinian.

Strategic discipline not seen that =/. Vs barça in camp nou chelsea should have made in the final 20 min posession football and insted they just run with ball and lost it after some sec. All 9 man defensive formation is not that hard to do lol.
    If the ball do not hit the post or world class players had not miss easy goal chance, what would we say about the strategic disicipline :D because the oportunity were there.

• Well played Bayern, they deserved the win!

Pity 4 or 5 (can't remember) of their players can't play in the final because of yellow cards they got in previous games.
    Insane, insane rules, all previous yellow cards should be cancelled in the semi final.

• I saw will power a lot of it, but the amount of miss goals, ball hit the post by barça and benfica is waaaay more then willpower of chelsea in my opinian.

Strategic discipline not seen that =/. Vs barça in camp nou chelsea should have made in the final 20 min posession football and insted they just run with ball and lost it after some sec. All 9 man defensive formation is not that hard to do lol.
    If the ball do not hit the post or world class players had not miss easy goal chance, what would we say about the strategic disicipline :D because the oportunity were there.

I couldn't agree more!

• Oops! I'm so sorry :D

Its football :thumbup: who would guess that the 2 super clubs would lost both there semi ?(

Bayern and Real played good, i think Bayern had more physical advantage in the 2 half (real had a very hard game vs barça).

Mourinho will stay because he did not win CL, if he had win it this year he would to England again ;)

• I saw will power a lot of it, but the amount of miss goals, ball hit the post by barça and benfica is waaaay more then willpower of chelsea in my opinian.

good discipline and strategic integrity does not mean you can avoid all chances of the opponent, just that you minimize them.
    of course, you need a goal keeper like Cech and all the luck you can get, but defusing Barcas play without the ball like Chelsea did was no coincidence and B grew more frustrated by the minute.
    I was watching the game as a neutral observer, but I must say, as a football fan for over 30 years, I'm very glad someone stood up against that 660 passes-per-game non-sense. and succeeded.
    chances and near-goal just don't matter after the game, do they?

• good discipline and strategic integrity does not mean you can avoid all chances of the opponent, just that you minimize them.
    of course, you need a goal keeper like Cech and all the luck you can get, but defusing Barcas play without the ball like Chelsea did was no coincidence and B grew more frustrated by the minute.
    I was watching the game as a neutral observer, but I must say, as a football fan for over 30 years, I'm very glad someone stood up against that 660 passes-per-game non-sense. and succeeded.

I m also happy that Barça lost, not just because of mourinho but also because they were so arrogant this seasson... and there style of possession football is abusive lol

I m not saying that strategic integrity and discipline is avoiding all chances, also agree that it means " minimize " them 8). In my eyes a top team like chelsea and there top class players should not have let be created such an amount of chances by the other team in order to say that they had strategic integrity etc

It looked like barça vs zaragosa or barça racing santander (one side game)

• good discipline and strategic integrity does not mean you can avoid all chances of the opponent, just that you minimize them.

Yes, it was truly a miracle, a success very hard to repeat playing that way :P

Now seriously (sort of), my point is: Chelsea totally deserves to play the final; they scored more goals than Barça, period. But if you ask me how I'd like "my" team to play, oh man, like Barça for sure; they can win or lose, but they never stop attacking. Never.

A Barça supporter ;)

Good points.

The incredible thing is that Barca didn't have a plan B. :?:
    The stuck with their only plan, plan A, it didn't work and they couldn't change it. :)

• Quote from wildstringdom

Mourinho will stay because he did not win CL, if he had win it this year he would to England again ;)

I had the same thought. He's only willing to leave a club when his team is on top.

PS: I think I ought to give up posting in this thread as I have more posts about football than about the KPA ;)