Kemper rises, Axe FXIII falls...

• When It comes to raw guitar amp tone the Kemper is the gold standard. I have tried the fractal/Headrush units and the Helix. I think that the Helix is the worst for amp tones but has some great effects and IO options. The Fractal units are good but I feel like the only area that they beat the Kemper is in the FX department and not the amp tone. I feel like the Fractal and the Kemper are the top dogs and the Helix and Headrush are a lower tier sound wise. I did really like the Headrush floorboard a lot better than the Helix. For the right price the Headrush is a great backup for a Kemper or Fractal.

Having spent around 6 hours doing an A/B shoot-out between my KPA and the AxeFX III, I would agree with your assessment.

I would also add that when it comes to listening to a song, then picking out the guitar tone you would like for that song, then using the digital amp to get that sound, the KPA is way faster than the Axe FX. It is just stupid simple to get where you want to go quickly with a KPA.

• the Tone Wars YouTube channel, Is having a blind shootout next Sunday Night, at 6 PM eastern standard time, between the AxeFXlll and the Kemper.

Jarrod said he was totally surprised by his friends FXlll. Should be pretty interesting... I'll be the Token Old Guy LOL

• When It comes to raw guitar amp tone the Kemper is the gold standard. I have tried the fractal/Headrush units and the Helix. I think that the Helix is the worst for amp tones but has some great effects and IO options. The Fractal units are good but I feel like the only area that they beat the Kemper is in the FX department and not the amp tone. I feel like the Fractal and the Kemper are the top dogs and the Helix and Headrush are a lower tier sound wise. I did really like the Headrush floorboard a lot better than the Helix. For the right price the Headrush is a great backup for a Kemper or Fractal.

Do you ever tried the PG Bias Head? For raw guitar amp tones the Bias Head is IMHO the Winner. Never tried the Axe FX. But i have a Helix, a Kemper and the Bias Head. I know that PG Products are the most bashed and hated. I don't know why. With the Celestion Packs the Results for me are incredible!;)

• I have both the Axe III and a brand new Kemper which unfortunately is not working correctly.

As far as the price of the Axe III, I've had mine for more than a year and a half and have enjoyed every minute of every gig I have used it at which is an awful lot. It is reliable, easy to use and sounds amazing.

I had a couple of Kemper units about 6-7 years ago when they first came out. The features on it were limited and it being very new, I was ok with that. I believe I paid about $1500 Can. for my first unit which was an absolute bargain. Unfortunately, my first toaster had the well-known issue with the LEDs which was fixed but the alternate input in the back was not repaired. That took about 4 months back then and the product was new so I understood that. I ended up trading it for a power rack when they were announced and that unit went south right away. It would randomly shut down on a regular basis and even with help from support a solution was not found. I decided to return it as there were none available to exchange and instead went back to an amp and pedals for a number of years without issues.

I guess I am just unlucky with the Kemper stuff....I picked up a new non-powered rack and remote. The price was much higher this time around by a long shot. The remote works great, the unit itself sounds great but I am having another issue with it that I have logged with Kemper support. The unit keeps doubling any profiles I use at random. Strangest thing ever!

I really want to keep this one and use it live the same as I do with my Axe III. My intention was to use either unit live with the other as a backup when the other is in use.

Don’t get me wrong here, this is a great unit with amazing staying power. I want to use this thing!

I'm really hoping that they can help me resolve the issue.

Edited once, last by PBGas ().

• Well, the Tone Wars Fight night was last night. And the Kemper beat the Axfex lll. It was close. But Kemper prevailed

For me I thought the Axfex, would be really good in the studio, but live didn't have the hand,pick feel

• Well, the Tone Wars Fight night was last night. And the Kemper beat the Axfex lll. It was close. But Kemper prevailed

For me I thought the Axfex, would be really good in the studio, but live didn't have the hand,pick feel

Saw bits of it and thought all the tones were awful TBH. Heard much better from both so can't really trust the comparison.