I.R. ‘s, Kemper...

• Good Morning All,

About to receive my KPA. I’ve worked with IR’ s on my previously owned AX8 and HeadRush.

Does the Kemper work the same? People obtain amps and such and then swap out IR’s?

Can anyone point me towards some quality free Profiles of David Gilmour ( post Dark Side), Def Leppard, King’s X.

Thanks! ^^

• You can use IRs with the Kemper by converting the .wav file into a Kemper Cabinet format. Personally I don’t bother as the cabinets themselves sound at least as good if not better to my ears. However l regardless of whether you import IRs or use cabs you can swap at will. You can combine the cab section from any profile with the amp section of any other if you want.

• Also, you can purchase IR's that have been converted to Kemper cabs directly from Celestion. I use their Celestion Blue for certain chimy cleans.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I have been down the IR route with the Kemper and personally I found it a rabbit warren. I bought some IR's but never used them - they sounded different but not necessarily better, so I chalked it up to unnecessary additional complexity.

The profiling process captures the cab response and so the need is "less" I would suggest that other digital equipment - but you can do it.

• I've tried 3rd Party IRs a few times with the Kemper and I've come to the conclusion that a studio profile made from capturing the whole chain at one time is best. Frankly, that's the advantage of the Kemper and it's saved me a TON of time from the days when I had the Fractal Axe2 Ultra. I'd go out there and buy and try all these different IRs from Ownhammer, ML Labs, Fractal, etc. and then try to use the different IRs live and all it did was kill my time and add complexity that I had to solve post show. MBritt studio profiles are truly all I need to get a consistent live sound. Yes they make things sound same-ish because he mostly uses the same cab and speaker, but that's what you really want in a live situation. For recording, I guess it could be interesting to chase a sound for a song. That's about it though.

• I've tried 3rd Party IRs a few times with the Kemper and I've come to the conclusion that a studio profile made from capturing the whole chain at one time is best. Frankly, that's the advantage of the Kemper and it's saved me a TON of time from the days when I had the Fractal Axe2 Ultra. I'd go out there and buy and try all these different IRs from Ownhammer, ML Labs, Fractal, etc. and then try to use the different IRs live and all it did was kill my time and add complexity that I had to solve post show. MBritt studio profiles are truly all I need to get a consistent live sound. Yes they make things sound same-ish because he mostly uses the same cab and speaker, but that's what you really want in a live situation. For recording, I guess it could be interesting to chase a sound for a song. That's about it though.

Sure studio ready profiles sound great, but sometimes I need a tone but the amp is profiled with the wrong cab to that desired tone.
    So, IR are the way to go.

• Sure studio ready profiles sound great, but sometimes I need a tone but the amp is profiled with the wrong cab to that desired tone.
    So, IR are the way to go.

Are you aware you can use any cabinet from any rig with whatever other rig? This makes for millions of combinations, and those are already in native Kemper format.
    Note you can save any cabinet as a preset and load it as such. And there are packs floating around (one legendary one would be Till's Cabs, it made generations of Kemper users grow adult :p

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• That's what I'm doing.
    I've got various IR's with desired mic type and placement (cone tip, border, .5" 1" 2" 3" distance, etc), various speakers and this gave me the tone I want, specially to record.
    Was a hard work, but I did it one time in my life.

Since it's a wav file, it's cross platform.
    Here Red Wirez Impulses.
    Inside each folder I selected my favourite mic and placement.