Kemper stage pops and clicks when used as the slave with SPDIF

• I was under the impression that the kemper stage could be used as the slave. Is this true? If so then I must have a defective unit because there are pops and clicks when using it as the slave with SPDIF. Any input is appreciated, thanks.

• the Stage acts as a SPDIF slave just fine.

please check:

- using latest firmware?

- good quality RCA cables? (i.e. labelled 'for digital use')

- use 2 cables (kind of trivial)

- Stage has to be set to SPDIF 'auto'

- DAW has to be master

- supported samplerates: 44.1 / 48 / 88.1 / 96

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

where do you set SPDIF to auto?

• I still do encounter pops and clicks when using spdif (interface set as internal/master. Interface, kemper stage, daw, all set to 44.1khz and kemper stage set to auto). also using latest firmware and good high quality RCA cables. I asked for an exchange with a new unit 5 days ago but they still haven't replied yet.

• please check your spam folder.

just as a note again: the Stage works fine as SPDIF slave with the current release (7.1.12)

there are a lot of variables which can mess up correct digital audio I/O on a computer.

for example: to rule out for driver and buffer issues on your DAW, you could try to record with a simple loop-back cable (directly between the SPDIF-out and the SPDIF-in of your interface, with the same settings you're trying to record the KPA)

of course: maybe there is a defect on your unit, that can be ruled out by exchanging it.

Support should always contact / answer you.. maybe something landed in a spam folder?

• Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. Just checked my spam folder, didn't recieve a message.

• Hi BigP1998

I haven't found a mail regarding a replacement in our system.

I have been in contact with you and we wrote about your settings, but didn't get a reply to my last 2 mails.

Please open a new ticket.

• Was this ever solved? Or fixed?

With my Kemper Head I never had to use two cables for it to Sync.

I ended up buying a new Interface because of this.

Did buying a new interface resolve the issue? Having same issues on profiler (post 2019)