FW 7.1.2 Public Beta Feedback Thread

• 7.1.2 now availabe

From Burkhard:

OS 7.1.2 available for PROFILER Stage as well as classical models introduces the following fixes:

User Interface

fixed: PROFILER Stage not sending MIDI (UI to MIDI, Pedals to MIDI, program changes in Performance Mode)

fixed: Effect Button I-IIII assignments created for REV-module before OS 5.7 did stick

fixed: snapshots not visible after upgrade

fixed: Rig browser doesn't follow correct Rig after receiving MIDI program change

fixed: Rig browser doesn't follow correct Rig after "Store As"

fixed: reverb handling of Uno4Kemper revisions before v1.4

fixed: mixed use of Morph Button and Morph Pedal might lead to sticky ramps (improved)

Thank you, Burkhard and the team! <3

• Hi and welcome, SC!

There's pretty much no feedback from users yet, as you can see; it's "brand-new".

I'd say it's safe 'cause it's a further refinement of the beta 7.1.0 and 7.1.1 iterations, but as with any beta, I wouldn't recommend gigging with it. If you run into any issues 'though, please post them here so the team gets to hear about them. ;)

• Thanks Burkhard and Kemper team for this update!!! It seems to have resolved two major issues I've been having for a while now, namely the Uno4Kemper Reverb bug and the Morph button ramping issue which I have been waiting/asking for for a loooong time. Actually, I think the previous beta version already resolved this latter issue but its fantastic nonetheless. As for the firmware's stability, I had my profiler hang while connected to Rig Manager and my FCB simultaneously, but after I turned off RM I managed to go through my whole setlist for tonight without a hiccup. And, since our gig tonight is in on home turf, I'm just going to go ahead and test it live. I'll let you guys know how it turns out ;)

• Another (with caveat) OK here.

Power head hooked up to RM and controlled by an HXFX (Line 6) - so no Kemper remote ... in Performance mode

Amongst other things, I constructed a performance in RM which transferred and remained ok in the head. All controllers that I use worked as normal.

I did manage to force a (repeatable) lock up / crash by pressing the Rig navigation buttons rapidly. The 'press and hold to scroll' is Very slow so I tried to quickly tap in the number of moves e.g. performance 10 to 40 (30 taps). Sometimes the KPA (almost) keeps in step but occasionally there is a lock up requiring a shut down and reboot. I did a measured test tapping in BPM (to a metronome) and the lock up start to occur around the 280 mark, so if you don't go crazy and have (not ) a little patience, things will be fine. My guess is that there's a buffer overload. Making the jump direct via a MIDI command doesn't involve scrolling and works fine

Why do I need to make the jump?

I have a 'work area' of 4 or 5 Performances and a 'library' which I keep in the upper performance areas. Works for me.

Yes, I'll be gigging it! 8)

• Hy Kempers,

In my case with the new public beta 7.1.2 the freezing issues come back.

Note: Just when my MacBookPro (non battery mode) is connected via USB, Rig Manager opened. With the previous beta i had no Problems with freezing. It is very frustrating...

I was already pleased that this problem with the last updates was apparently resolved.

Is this Problem allready excisting to the other mac users?

Greets

• Update ... Gig completed, without any hassle (from the KPA). Soundies were familiar with 'A Kemper' - gave them a mono feed from the main out. Monitored (in ears) via their system and had a cab behind me which (when I took out my 'ears' ) was bloody loud and gave me a nice thump in the back for that 'in the room feel'!

Nice room too - Royal Albert Hall (Clang!) 8)

• Update ... Gig completed, without any hassle (from the KPA). Soundies were familiar with 'A Kemper' - gave them a mono feed from the main out. Monitored (in ears) via their system and had a cab behind me which (when I took out my 'ears' ) was bloody loud and gave me a nice thump in the back for that 'in the room feel'!

Nice room too - Royal Albert Hall (Clang!) 8)

Awesome! Who did you play with?

• It was the opening ceremony for: One Young World 2019 (look it up) so the 'turns' were youngsters. there were a few 'faces' in the audience.

One of the performers was playing guitar on a radio pack connected to his Kemper backstage, with dad doing the patch changes - I had to do my own! Anyway #goingofftopic

Nice room too - Royal Albert Hall (Clang!)

What an amazing venue!

I also had a flawless gig with the new firmware and will now be taking my green machine on tour with it to the north of Germany and Berlin. Hoping not to run into any hiccups on the road :)