pulse or aliasing noise

• It's funny. I actually came home tonight and I had this pulsing sound on patches. I troubleshooted with just a guitar into the KPA and the sound was still there - almost like a tremolo in the chain or a noise gate gone bad. I even replaced the battery in my guitar thinking the active pickups were giving up since I hadn't changed anything on the KPA. The pulsing was still there. Anyway, long story short, I did a reset (hold system button on startup) and it worked. Didn't delete any profiles. Go figure. :huh: There is something definitely going on, and hopefully the kemper team can figure it out. Till then people should really get used to the system reset process.

• There are profiles that are simply terrible, like they were not refined and tested properly before their creators shared them.

+1
    I don't even download rigs to try them out from specific uploaders, who, in my point of view, don't come up with good profiles or they just profile things just for the shake of it.

I also don't feel very comfortable with the official Kemper rigs download area to be open wide for uploading everything anyone can come up with, without distinction. The rigs should have been tested, QAed, and classified (real amps,VSTs, DIs, e.t.c) by a designated Kemper team before finding their way to the Rig Exchange for the rest of the users.

But that's my personal opinion only.

• Should be stickied, or wikied

"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

• So I understand it correctly:
    The bad behaviour will not reappear, after you made a restore of your backup?

For now it is good. System reset + restore from and old backup. But I cannot tell you if it was one or the other that helped with the issue since I did both things one after the other before trying the unit again. Hoth said to have experienced the same issue and a system reset was enough for him.

• +1
    I don't even download rigs to try them out from specific uploaders, who, in my point of view, don't come up with good profiles or they just profile things just for the shake of it.

I also don't feel very comfortable with the official Kemper rigs download area to be open wide for uploading everything anyone can come up with, without distinction. The rigs should have been tested, QAed, and classified (real amps,VSTs, DIs, e.t.c) by a designated Kemper team before finding their way to the Rig Exchange for the rest of the users.

But that's my personal opinion only.

I don't think supervising/testing the rigs by a Kemper team would be feasible but I would implement a rating system for rigs and also for users/creators as soon as possible. And this rating system should allow not only to give positive votes but also negative ones. Maybe even some rigs could be featured/promoted by Kemper if those are really good. It would really help specially to new users. We have been checking rigs pretty much as they come but imagine a new user that goes to the rig exchange page in some time and he/she has no way to filter the good from the bad from like hundreds or thousands of profiles.

• MadH, did you see my response to you in the other thread? To me it sounds like pickup pole interference.

See my example here : http://www.peranders.com/general/warbling_pickup.mp3

The first half has the pickup close to the strings, the second further away. (this was back with the Pod HD, but it works with any amp or amp sim because it's a noise from the guitar itself).

How does it sound through a real amp?

• I answered you on the other thread. That was not the cause. You can read on this thread what I did to solve the issue.

• So I understand it correctly:
    The bad behaviour will not reappear, after you made a restore of your backup?

CK, thanks for being on top of this. I just had this "pulsing" issue on pretty any notes I played the other night. Almost like a tremelo was activated (but wasn't). I did a system reset (without even deleting/restoring rigs) and that fixed the problem.