Effects that compliment the kemper...

• What is everyone using in addition to the Kemper - effects wise these days?

KPA Unpowered Rack, Kemper Remote, Headrush FRFR108s, BC Rich Mockingbird(s), and a nasty attitude.

• I still use my CryBaby Wah-Wah 95Q in front of the Kemper. Like the sound very much and it is one of the few Wahs without the need to switch it on. So I use if very often for ultra short licks or tone sequences during songs. Could never be so quick with the need to push a switch before using the wah.

And yes, it takes away a little, little bit of the quality of the input signal. But for live use I do not bother. Different thing in the studio where I am not using it unless needed for certain effects.

• I still use my CryBaby Wah-Wah 95Q in front of the Kemper. Like the sound very much and it is one of the few Wahs without the need to switch it on. So I use if very often for ultra short licks or tone sequences during songs. Could never be so quick with the need to push a switch before using the wah.

And yes, it takes away a little, little bit of the quality of the input signal. But for live use I do not bother. Different thing in the studio where I am not using it unless needed for certain effects.

But you can setup an expression pedal with the Kemper that engages the wah only when you move it, so no need to push a switch. One of my favorite features (bypass @ stop ).

• See, that's some good feedback there everyone. I ditched ALL of my pedals - even the ones I thought I'd keep to fill voids - including my wah and my talk box - because I can get the tones I need out of the Kemper.

Now there's something I've been thinking about - a synth pedal and perhaps an outboard looper - we don't have a keyboard player, but I'm not quite in need of these yet.

KPA Unpowered Rack, Kemper Remote, Headrush FRFR108s, BC Rich Mockingbird(s), and a nasty attitude.

• I want to build a board that's a comp, whammy, octave down and a wah like the sonuus Wahoo for the front and a dirt board for the dist loop and see how that goes. Otherwise, all kemper or hx stomp plus h9 or somethin. Lol

• I use a Wampler EGO compressor, a Wampler Dual Fusion and a La-Grange pedal in front of my KPA, but I use the compressor the most on just "break-up" tones. The OD/Plexi stomps are used mainly on clean Fenderish style tones.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• I use a Wampler EGO compressor, a Wampler Dual Fusion and a La-Grange pedal in front of my KPA, but I use the compressor the most on just "break-up" tones. The OD/Plexi stomps are used mainly on clean Fenderish style tones.

I use a Wampler Tumnus Deluxe into a Euphoria with a JHS Muffletta in front of both. The Muffletta into one of the other two......better than it has a right to be. :)

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• EH Synth 9. I use it as a kind of double track effect both live and in the studio. Not full guitar becomes synth stuff, more of a 'miss it when it's off' thing; it just fills out the void that exists since the other guitarist quit the band.

Plus a TC Ditto X2 Jam. It's a looper that stays in time with a drummer. Again just to fill the void when I play a solo.

• I use a Wampler Tumnus Deluxe into a Euphoria with a JHS Muffletta in front of both. The Muffletta into one of the other two......better than it has a right to be. :)

Just YouTubed the Tumnus- damn that sounds nice!!!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user