The Ultimate Headphones for Kemper Thread

• Are the Sennheiser HD600s really loud enough just using the built in headphone amp? They are at 300 ohms, and people in this thread swear by them. But then I see people on 250 ohm DT 770s saying they don’t really get all the juice they want out of the Kemper and I think to myself “250 is 50 less than 300”. I don’t want anything crazy loud. If anything I’m pretty sensitive when it comes to headphone volume. But I don’t want to find myself lacking a db or two when I max out the Kemper, and I’m in the market for some reference headphones.

Remember it is not all about Ohms, the sensitivity and SPL tell as much about how loud a Can can be (lol), one example are the K701, only 60 ohm, but harder to drive than many 200 Ohm Headphones because of their low sensitivity.

The answer is 42

• i prefer the DT880 pro

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• Great thread! I've got the DT770 Pro 250 Ohms and the Sennheiser 598 (50 Ohm). I find the Sennheisers to be more forgiving when it comes to some of the high-gain profiles I have (all free, for what it's worth). They cut out some harshness that the DT770's do not and therefore sound more pleasing.

• Great thread! I've got the DT770 Pro 250 Ohms and the Sennheiser 598 (50 Ohm). I find the Sennheisers to be more forgiving when it comes to some of the high-gain profiles I have (all free, for what it's worth). They cut out some harshness that the DT770's do not and therefore sound more pleasing.

Oh boy, the beyerdinamic trebles are a thing, if anything, beyers are some of the phones with the most revealing upper end, while senheiser are generally really laid back on the high end of the spectrum. I love both brands, but for long listening sessions, senheisers are more easygoing.

The answer is 42

• I own 3 good headphones...

AKG K702

Audio-Technica ATH-M50

Sennheiser HD580 Precision

AKG K702 you'd think would win. Most expensive, highly rated.

To me they are way too bright and lacking low end.

Not good for guitar amp modeling tweaking.

Needs Sonarworks Ref 4 software to sound pleasing for mixing.

Very disappointing

ATH-M50 Utilitarian useful for tracking etc

But not accurate for dialing in tone or mixing.

Sennheiser HD580 best of the bunch

Bought these many moons ago 1995

Looking to buy another super good accurate headphone.

What to get???