Question before buying Remote

• Hi,

Before I buy a remote, I hope you can help.

Scenario:

I press button one and am on slot one, a clean sound...I then press button one AGAIN to add in a delay etc.

I press button two, to change rig.

When I press button one again...to go back to clean...do I go back to the normal state (just clean), or does it go back to its 'morphed state' with the added delay?

Cheers,

Greg

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.

• With morph, you do not turn the delay on and off in the traditional sense. The effect is on, say with the mix at 0.

Step on morph, set to whatever mix level you want. Now you have delay.

Hit slot 2 and go back to 1? The un-morphed sound is what you get. There is no way to go directly to the morphed sound.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Ruefus is correct. You will go back to the un-morphed setting. If I were you, I would have button 1 assigned to your clean sound, button 2 will be the same clean sound with delay, and button 3 will be your other rig. The beautiful thing about performance mode is that you can easily do this and still have 2 more rig slots open without changing banks. I used to have a Liquid Foot midi controller and sold it in order to buy the remote. It was the best gear puchase I've made (other than the KPA itself) in the last few years. Go for it- you won't regret it!

• Thanks both,

I have used a 5 button midi-moose with Kemper for years, and have it set up how you suggest - clean, clean with delay, clean with verb, dirt, solo...

But I am needing more sounds within a single song (to make up for my poor songwriting craft hehe)

So I though the remote would allow me to have 10 sounds (un-morphed and morphed) within one performance slot?

Thanks for your time!

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.

• It does. But you start without morph everytime you change slots as said.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• In that scenario I'd have the dry clean and the wet one in performance slots 1 and 2 on my remote. I find it easy to keep organised that way.

It also allows you to use the morph for "wetter" or to blend in a specialty effect.

• 10 sounds of a sort. If the effect isn’t *already* on, morph can’t bring it in.

As has been said, access only to un morphed with one click.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche