Hello from Indonesia

• hello guys, i'm a fulltime guitarist from Indonesia. I play with my band called Kahitna. We're one of the busiest band in Indonesia. i've stopped carrying my heavy fender hotrod deville 410 and using kemper profiler stage now. My band is 9 pieces. 3 vocals, 1 piano, 1 synth, 1 bass, 1 drum, 1 percussion, and 1 guitar. I lately found my guitar sound dont cut in the mix at foh sound even if it's very loud and clear in my monitor wedge. I set main out volume at -11db and use both xlr out to foh, but still from the audience video i didn't hear my guitar sound. I only hear loud piano, synth, bass, drum, and vocals. No guitar sound heard. It seems don't cut in the mix or lack of headroom maybe. The engineer said he had maxed level a guitar channels in his foh mixer. Any tips and tricks about this anyone? Thanks and regards :)

• Hi, welcome and have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper! Greetings to Indonesia and thanks for your introduction.

What kind of profiles are you using? Selfmade? RigExchange? Commercial? Maybe try something different. Those profiles which sound good at home or at low levels are typically not the ones which cut through the mix in recordings or live use - especially with your 9 piece band. So keep trying to find something which suits the needs better. Quality of profiles differs a lot and it takes some time to find suitable ones and tweak them for your needs. Don't give up too early. The Kemper can do what you want and lots of people (incl. myself) can confirm that the Kemper cuts through the mix quite well with the right settings :)

• hello guys, i'm a fulltime guitarist from Indonesia. I play with my band called Kahitna. We're one of the busiest band in Indonesia. i've stopped carrying my heavy fender hotrod deville 410 and using kemper profiler stage now. My band is 9 pieces. 3 vocals, 1 piano, 1 synth, 1 bass, 1 drum, 1 percussion, and 1 guitar. I lately found my guitar sound dont cut in the mix at foh sound even if it's very loud and clear in my monitor wedge. I set main out volume at -11db and use both xlr out to foh, but still from the audience video i didn't hear my guitar sound. I only hear loud piano, synth, bass, drum, and vocals. No guitar sound heard. It seems don't cut in the mix or lack of headroom maybe. The engineer said he had maxed level a guitar channels in his foh mixer. Any tips and tricks about this anyone? Thanks and regards :)

Hello from Singapore! Seems to be an issue at the mix desk if you can't hear it at all in the FOH system.

• Maybe -11dB is still too high. The guitar channel on the mixing desk is on maximum...no headroom left, you can't be sure that the channel gets the full Kemper volume. Another reason could be the stereo setup (you wrote that you're using both XLR outputs, that's why I assume it's stereo). I'm not going into detail here as you're a fulltime and therefore experienced guitarist but try mono and see if it's getting better.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Hi, welcome and have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper! Greetings to Indonesia and thanks for your introduction.

What kind of profiles are you using? Selfmade? RigExchange? Commercial? Maybe try something different. Those profiles which sound good at home or at low levels are typically not the ones which cut through the mix in recordings or live use - especially with your 9 piece band. So keep trying to find something which suits the needs better. Quality of profiles differs a lot and it takes some time to find suitable ones and tweak them for your needs. Don't give up too early. The Kemper can do what you want and lots of people (incl. myself) can confirm that the Kemper cuts through the mix quite well with the right settings :)

I use M Britt 5e3 tweed amp

• Maybe -11dB is still too high. The guitar channel on the mixing desk is on maximum...no headroom left, you can't be sure that the channel gets the full Kemper volume. Another reason could be the stereo setup (you wrote that you're using both XLR outputs, that's why I assume it's stereo). I'm not going into detail here as you're a fulltime and therefore experienced guitarist but try mono and see if it's getting better.

Hi thanks for the reply, i will try the mono trick. By the way even if im fulltime guitarist, i am still newby learning to play the kemper. I played tube amp before.

• Welcome Andrew,

The musicians on this forum are the greatest bunch of guys. I bought my Kemper with next to no programming skills. Everyone here is just great I've had 2 people who I met through the forum that are fast friends now. I would say just keep trying different profiles some tha tdd sounded great at home didnt quite cut it at the gig, there is a difference in the quality of rigs out there