Meeting Don Juan - one single boogie profile used all along

• Here is a moody track with some latin jazzy influences , it's all about the ambience here. Kinda follows My previous track - past the desert border

Meeting Don Juan

Strat & Hofner just got back from my luthier , it was time for a test :)

Strat on most Rhtyhm guitars, I think I used all 5 positions here

Jazzbox on leads

Hofner bass

Home made Boogie profile used all along on all takes , so versatile with the help of my N21 fuzzbox.

• Great work waraba - thanks for sharing. I like the mood and the arrangement quite a lot. The staggered guitar work is very cool, fits all together very well. Just for my taste the bass is a bit boomy and some stuff is too much in the front of the mix. Could be a bit more depth in the mix. Anyway the guitars are well played, cool thing :thumbup:8)

One question: Is that the "Boogie on spring" profile from the RE? Like that a lot as well. Had it here in my library for some time already.

• Very cool, I dig the casket tape vibe on the backing track quite surfy too. Nice work!

Yeah thx , I really dig the vibrato presets 'sky' that I used on this track to get this feel.

. The staggered guitar work is very cool, fits all together very well. Just for my taste the bass is a bit boomy and some stuff is too much in the front of the mix. Could be a bit more depth in the mix. Anyway the guitars are well played, cool thing

Thx for your interest, I didn't post EQ and compress any instrument on this track , but went direct on mastering this time, trying a new approach. The result is huge dynamics vs my usual stuff. I still have to setup a new input preset for my Hofner as the new pickups are much louder.

One question: Is that the "Boogie on spring" profile from the RE? Like that a lot as well. Had it here in my library for some time already.

That's this one , with lots of different gain settings and the 1st spring verb preset. Quite a good profile , and sounds great on all my guitar from a thin telecaster to huge jazzbox with humbuckers. The profile captured the boogie bass , warmth & dynamics very well