allen key size to open the kemper rack?

• I've got a loose screw or something else rattling around inside my kemper rack. I tried all my allen keys to open it and find it, but don't have one that fits. Can someone tell me what allen key (or bit) specifically will open a kemper rack please?

Chris Spencer

Kemper profiles of boutique and vintage amps will be available soon! Some of my gear:

Hardware/Software -

Adam monitoring, Pro Tools HDX 16x16, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, BAE 1073 mic pres, Cascade Fathead Ribbon, SM57, various pedals

Guitars -

Duesenberg 49er, Fano JM6, Gretsch Tennesse Rose (w/TV Jones Classics), Nash Tele, American Strat (w/Lollars)

• can anyone help? Don't see anything in the manual

Chris Spencer

Kemper profiles of boutique and vintage amps will be available soon! Some of my gear:

Hardware/Software -

Adam monitoring, Pro Tools HDX 16x16, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, BAE 1073 mic pres, Cascade Fathead Ribbon, SM57, various pedals

Guitars -

Duesenberg 49er, Fano JM6, Gretsch Tennesse Rose (w/TV Jones Classics), Nash Tele, American Strat (w/Lollars)

• Strongly, strongly recommend against this. You will immediately void your warranty if you do this. I have had to send my Kemper back for repair before, and they are very quick. Contact support, they'll take care of you.

• I bought it used like years ago, there is no warranty

Chris Spencer

Hardware/Software -

Guitars -

• I did open my rack before, the only thing I remember is I had to use allen keys (milimetric ones, the ansi wont fit, remember is Germany made, they use all DIN standard), and some torx keys, you can easily find these in any depot or tools store. I did some pretty in deep cleaning, repaired some pots with epoxi, and measured the space to in the future, fit a home made stereo power amp. So there you have it, good luck.

The answer is 42

• torx t10 was it! Thanks so much everybody for your help, I got the loose screw out no problem, and the kemper works fine. Thanks again!

Chris Spencer

Hardware/Software -

Guitars -

• You´re welcome :)

Did you locate where the screw belong or did you just remove it ?

Maybe something else will come loose when that screw is missing =O

But if that happens you got your T 10 ready now ;)

Rock on !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

Edited once, last by Hoki Toki ().