• I've uploaded this experimental profile prior to my going to a studio to do proper profiles of my tweed deluxe (also doing my bit to us hitting 1000 profiles on Rig Exchange!). I've profiled this amp with volume on 2.5 but with it attenuated substantially through a motherload elemental. I've had problems with getting the sound of my amp via Kemper the same as it is when I plug straight into it. This explains the rather odd sensitivity settings. I also reduced the volume going into the amp with a pedal called 'the pot'.

Another problem I've had is the Kemper's tendency to cut out lower mids in the profile. I took Per's advice and played for a good ten minutes during refining. I played along to the first three songs on 'Marquee Moon' hence the name of this profile. At the end the profile was pretty close to the reference amp.

Vintage amp obsessive

• I've uploaded this experimental profile prior to my going to a studio to do proper profiles of my tweed deluxe (also doing my bit to us hitting 1000 profiles on Rig Exchange!). I've profiled this amp with volume on 2.5 but with it attenuated substantially through a motherload elemental. I've had problems with getting the sound of my amp via Kemper the same as it is when I plug straight into it. This explains the rather odd sensitivity settings. I also reduced the volume going into the amp with a pedal called 'the pot'.

Another problem I've had is the Kemper's tendency to cut out lower mids in the profile. I took Per's advice and played for a good ten minutes during refining. I played along to the first three songs on 'Marquee Moon' hence the name of this profile. At the end the profile was pretty close to the reference amp.

How did you profile it? Did you mic it or attenuate plus DI out of the mother load? I have that device also and just wonder what you found out

Cheers

• I attenuated the amp right down to about 9 o'clock on the 'studio' setting and then mic'd it. This wasn't really part of the experiment as I didn't want to piss my neighbours off with profiling but actually I think it shows you can get good clean profiles through an attenuated amp. The real experiment is (a) what sensitivity settings to use so that sound from kemper into amp matches sound from guitar direct into amp and (b) what I have to do in refining to get an accurate copy of my reference amp - without the 'Kemper donut'. I think it's done OK for a clean profile and I hope to try it out in a studio to make an accurate capture of the various degrees of break up and saturation you get with a deluxe once you pass volume at 3. In a studio I won't use the attenuator and I'll have the added advantage of monitoring in a separate room from my amp. I have found that the Motherload is a very good attenuator but the sound changes once you attenuate on the 'studio' setting, especially with overdriven sounds. I think this is common to all attenuators.

Vintage amp obsessive