Performance Volume

• Yeah been trying to think about where it could go since there’s no Performance menu like there is for Rigs. Hmm...

This should be on the top of the list to add! Maybe they could add it when you hit the back button (on the stage) and it brings up edit the slots it could just engage one of the knobs for performance volume - it would just be a matter of hitting the back button and having it right there.

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

Dave Lee Roth of Van Halen - 1979

Edited once, last by sstauffer ().

• just been thinking about this. I wonder if kemper could do a sort of normalization routine on all loaded performances (or in the new RM when releases). So long as the rig sounds are not altered and just the levels. You could then tweak any solo rigs or ones that need to be slightly lower or higher in volume?

just a though and might be total bollocks...sorry rubbish

• just been thinking about this. I wonder if kemper could do a sort of normalization routine on all loaded performances (or in the new RM when releases). So long as the rig sounds are not altered and just the levels. You could then tweak any solo rigs or ones that need to be slightly lower or higher in volume?

just a though and might be total bollocks...sorry rubbish

That could help... I already try and balance them with an RMS meter and match the average. The only trouble is different tones stand out more than others. A profile with heavy upper mids will sound louder than a scooped one at the same average.

I would just love to have a single control to reach for when I’m sound checking live and realize certain songs with certain profiles need adjusting.

• That could help... I already try and balance them with an RMS meter and match the average. The only trouble is different tones stand out more than others. A profile with heavy upper mids will sound louder than a scooped one at the same average.

I would just love to have a single control to reach for when I’m sound checking live and realize certain songs with certain profiles need adjusting.

I know what you mean. I’m sure it should be possible?

• It's a great idea and a necessary feature. so: +1

But it would cause a consecutive Problem, since when increasing or decreasing the volume the overall-Sound would Change Maybe even significantly because of the Fletcher-Munson-Effect.

So the volume-softknob should be ammended with an EQ or at least with High-Low-Cut-option for compensation this effect.

I recommended several times to realise such an Option and though it's most necessary and CR once wrote (hi and lo-cut feature will come) , I don't believe that it will be realised.

• It's a great idea and a necessary feature. so: +1

But it would cause a consecutive Problem, since when increasing or decreasing the volume the overall-Sound would Change Maybe even significantly because of the Fletcher-Munson-Effect.

So the volume-softknob should be ammended with an EQ or at least with High-Low-Cut-option for compensation this effect.

I recommended several times to realise such an Option and though it's most necessary and CR once wrote (hi and lo-cut feature will come) , I don't believe that it will be realised.

Hmmm. I seriously doubt a couple of db’s here and there is going to require any re eq’ing whatsoever. This is just a request to be able to quickly tweak the overall volume of a performance by a few dB either way.
    If your sounds need to be eq’d again at stage volume, they were not right in the first place. That is another subject entirely.

• You are overestimating the equal loudness curve effect. I believe the gerneral advice is that you should listen and make critical decisions about 80db - 85db but below any level of discomfort and bearing in mind safe listening periods for the level being used. Below around 80db the mids become progressively more pronounced compared to hi and low frequencies. However, once you hit the 80db range the effect level off considerably so a few db up or down between performances shouldn’t need any different eq to compensate.

• Some low-gain profiles -I'm thinking of - at the Edge of breakup, get a Kind of harshness when they're pushed up even only a few dB (f.e. some profiles of TAF, whereas my MBritt-profiles f.e. are much more "tolerant")

But maybe I'm overestimating either the difference-levels we're talking about or other user's Hearing.

• Some low-gain profiles -I'm thinking of - at the Edge of breakup, get a Kind of harshness when they're pushed up even only a few dB (f.e. some profiles of TAF, whereas my MBritt-profiles f.e. are much more "tolerant")

But maybe I'm overestimating either the difference-levels we're talking about or other user's Hearing.

I’m just talking about straight volume, post everything. The tone shouldn’t change at all.

• Great idea in theory, but it seems that considering how whole performances differ one to another in their volume, it seems that if you had a control to boost or cut the volume of a whole performance, the rigs within that performance would react differently one from another, so you'd end up with a performance containing un-leveled rigs. not sure though, just a thought...

• Great idea in theory, but it seems that considering how whole performances differ one to another in their volume, it seems that if you had a control to boost or cut the volume of a whole performance, the rigs within that performance would react differently one from another, so you'd end up with a performance containing un-leveled rigs. not sure though, just a thought...

I believe the idea is to raise or lower the volumes of all rigs of a same amount of dB, keeping their relative differences.

Still chasing a worthy one :/