Brightness of leds around knobs keeps setting itself to 100%

• yes this is definitely a software bug, (and the bug most probably has been around some time already, but was not triggered so prominently yet)

What we've found out until now:

sometimes the initial communication with the front panel is not successfull, but the system boots nevertheless (after a time-out.. so this is the 'extra boot time' some people experience in that case) which results in the brightness of some led groups not being set correctly at boot.

• yes this is definitely a software bug, (and the bug most probably has been around some time already, but was not triggered so prominently yet)

sometimes the initial communication with the front panel is not successfull, but the system boots nevertheless (after a time-out.. so this is the 'extra boot time' some people experience in that case) which results in the brightness of some led groups not being set correctly at boot.

That explains it pretty well. I've experienced that timeout and that bright LED issue last night. I had Rig Manager connected via USB and I usually switch the Stage by mains power.

Stage user

• Code
    Hey

since a week I have a kemper internship with the same problem

is this not a reason to send it back?
    can this be solved by software?
  • The LED brightness is now defaulting to full brightness, whenever I switch on the Kemper Stage without any noticeable delay during boot up. Giving the corresponding pot a gentle nudge brings back the brightness level I set originally.

Stage user

• Hi,

Since the recent firmware update my Stage tends to set the brightness of the leds randomly at 100%. Way too bright if you ask me ;) I lowered the brightness in the menu a couple of times already, but it keeps coming back to 100%. Anybody else having this issue?

Yep, same issues on the stage...latest FM

for those with brightness issues:

1) do you have the unit connected to Rigmanager (or to USB at all) ?

2) how do you switch-on the unit? by power button (from standby), or by applying the mains voltage?

1) to USB on start up

2) by applying the mains voltage

I've tried to turn the Stage on w/o USB cable connected and the LED go back to 100%. Having said that if I turn the knob a tiny little it brings back the brightness level I set. The store button doesn't seems to do the trick either.

• I thought it is problem with my Kemper =O. I am very happy, that you have found and fixed the issue :thumbup:. It was not only with LEDs, but also with screen color selection and also with sorting menu (by amp, by gain, by name etc.)