9V I N P U T for Stage

• I can run other units with a 9v PS. I even have a set-up that allows me to run a Mooer S10 Power Bank (a pedal-board Battery - 9/12/15/18v) as the PS. It supplies a 2A max output and 20,000 mAh. Obviously one can buy battery units with more capacity and/or different voltages. But, the point is that somewhere inside the Kemper Stage, there is likely a transformer that steps the line voltage down to a voltage that could be supplied by a PS. It would be great to use this with a battery bank and eliminate the cord.

• You mean a 9 V output? The Stage doesn't require 9 V....

I'm sure he means whatever DC level the stage needs internally.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Instead of a DC input I think it would be far simpler for Kemper to come up with a power cord that can be routed through a pedal board. I know that would be something that many of us stage users would go for. I have mine mounted on a temple audio board and I for one would love a way to route my power cord through the board without cutting up my board or cutting and rewiring the power cord.

• I think I misunderstood the OP. Are you wanting to run the stage on batteries?

Yes!

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I think I misunderstood the OP. Are you wanting to run the stage on batteries?

No I understood it to mean that he wants a 9v output to power other pedals on the board without the need for a power brick.

Instead of a DC input I think it would be far simpler for Kemper to come up with a power cord that can be routed through a pedal board. I know that would be something that many of us stage users would go for. I have mine mounted on a temple audio board and I for one would love a way to route my power cord through the board without cutting up my board or cutting and rewiring the power cord.

Sounds sensible.

Mesa did something similar with the Triaxis preamp. It had an input on the pack for an external power adapter which it then passed through on a 7 pin midi cable that could then be sent onwards to other pedals next to your midi controller.

• I'm pretty sure he wants to run the stage on batteries ?

• The power spec for the Stage: 100-230 V AC, max. 0.5 A

This maybe need a few batteries.:)

But that's the whole point :). He asks what DC level the power supply steps down to internally, to attach batteries at that point.

• guys: don't mess with the PROFILER's internals. Precisely the power supply of this device is complex and very high demanding.. it's not near as easy as cutting 1 cable and inserting some voltage somewhere. and that is besides the danger of electrocution:!:

ergo: I'd strongly advice you to keep away

• guys: don't mess with the PROFILER's internals. Precisely the power supply of this device is complex and very high demanding.. it's not near as easy as cutting 1 cable and inserting some voltage somewhere. and that is besides the danger of electrocution:!:

ergo: I'd strongly advice you to keep away

No one is talking about the Kemper's internals. :thumbdown:

I'm talking about the IEC cable. As long as you're careful, you could cut that and resolder it together so that it goes through the slots in your pedalboard. Shrink wrap to keep everything tidy and safe.

Get an electrician to help you if you are a bit worried. It's a similar operation to replacing a jack on a power plug that has gotten spoilt/burnt.

You could then attach the IEC cable to the Voodoo Labs power or whatever else you are using that has a courtesy AC power outlet.