Abduction

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Second day without power here in northern Cali, fires all around, I wonder who has taken my beautiful california...

All GarageBand and bias on the iPad here with its inbuilt mic and an apogee jam for the guitar input, so please excuse the mix, normally of course it’d be Kemper and Reason but I’m sans power and using an iPad/iPhone to get online and record but I refuse to stop the noodle challenge for anything as piffling as a lack of electricity, although yesterday’s wasn’t worth posing here at all. Of course the next few entries might need to be handwritten notation, but you guys can sight read right? Just imagine me playing it and then base your critique around that :D

• Hey Monkey_Man glad you like it! This one has more of a storyline to it in my head for sure, kinda like scoring for a dark alien invasion short in my head.

Anyhow I woke up today to having both power and internet... albeit briefly as apparently it’s gonna be off again this weekend. But I was quite impressed with the iPad and what you can do with it, especially it’s tiny mic did a decent job in the acoustic, although making a mix is almost impossible. It’s workflow is a little different which I guess influences the compositional approach.

I’d love to figure out a way to power my Kemper though, bias is ok although not the best sound and it just doesn’t feel very good to play, I wonder if a battery backup would last more than a couple of minutes with it.

• scoring for a dark alien invasion short

Yeah Per ....this is exactly the vibe of it.... very nice one again. I like the changes, from one cool style element to another. Lots of creativity in it. Cool thing 8):thumbup:

Keeping fingers crossed for your infrastructure there....

• They thanks for checking it out paults it's interesting to try some more extreme changes and apparently they seem to work together somehow.

Rest assured I'm checking calfire and the news sites regularly to see what's happening with the fires.

I only just got to hear it on normal speakers. Very congested sound at the beginning "verse", but I actually like the bass/guitar balance in the bridge (second section), I find it quite hard to get that smooth big bass and heavy guitars tone with the Kemper and Reason which is something I have to work on, and I'm still surprised at how good that little iPad mic is on the acoustic for the chorus (third section) . Overall though not terrible for mixing on headphones even if it could do with some frequency balance and mastering. And I wish Garageband had some way of editing automation for swells etc on the strings and external instruments (I used iFretless brass for the brass side).

• I’d love to figure out a way to power my Kemper though, bias is ok although not the best sound and it just doesn’t feel very good to play, I wonder if a battery backup would last more than a couple of minutes with it.

I wonder if something along the lines of what campers use in their caravans might work, Per. I mean, they run fridges, TV's and all sorts of things...

• Nice idea, they use generators.

Looking into them they're quite pricey and I'm not sure they output a good signal for delicate digital kit like the Kemper. Don't want to fry my gear :O