anybody using a Celestion F12 - X200 in a guitar cab

• I'm planning to buy some Celestion F12 - X200 speakers for my guitar cabinets ( 112 and 212). Are there any users out there who can tell me more about the pros and cons of this speaker. I saw, and heard and red, Amazing things on Youtube. But... I heard one in a 1x12 cab and it sounded like a broken radio speaker - maybe it was stuck. I'm looking for experiences and advice. Thanks in advance.

• Thanks for responding digbog. Did you have to EQ a lot? And is the sound comparable to the sound in the youtube movies?

any other opinions about the Celestion F12 - X200?

• I didn’t eq mostly I take profiles when they don’t sound good to me I don’t tweak much

I just search for another profile

Maybe when all sounds are boomy I reduce the lows in the output eq a little

For example

• i have it an 1x12 cab , which has nearly the sizes which Celestion suggest and it sounds great

very amp in the room sound . like a real guitar amp and cab

What did you use for the cab material? Baltic birch ply or something else?

I’m thinking it might be a fun project to build that cab out of flamed maple and stain it Kemper green ?

• Haven t bought the speaker yet. Just looking for users who know the sound of the speaker. If it sound allright, like the youtube video's for example, I ll built them into my Orange 112 and 212.

• I've got 2 in a Marshall 2X12" Cab (Cos it looks a bit like a combo)

Powered by a 80x80 Marshall solid state power amp, all hidden round the back along with the profiler light show!!!

Works great!

• Hi there,

I tried a Celestion f12 x200

Bought it new and tried it for a few days. For me it whas very disappointing.
    It sounded harsh, trebly and fizzy and I whas happy I could return it..

Judging by the many good reviews from other users, I really hope that my copy whas difective ?

• Mine's in a Vox Night Train cab made from very exotic MDF (I think). It sounds great, especially when paired up with an old EVM 12L (also in a Night Train cab) The band liked it too, while the soundie was heard to mutter "F***in' loud" ... I guess that covers it!

EDIT: Cabs are open back

• I was thinking about replacing the speakers in my mesa boogie 2x12 with these. Is the idea with these that you can run them with the cab sim on? Or is it meant to be cab sim off, because its still in a cab. Just wondering how people use these.

• Is the idea with these that you can run them with the cab sim on? Or is it meant to be cab sim off, because its still in a cab. Just wondering how people use these.

I run mine with cab sim on. Yes, it's still a cab but the speaker isn't like a normal guitar speaker. It's more like a PA setup, where you would send cab on.

• Hi there,

I tried a Celestion f12 x200

Bought it new and tried it for a few days. For me it whas very disappointing.
    It sounded harsh, trebly and fizzy and I whas happy I could return it..

Judging by the many good reviews from other users, I really hope that my copy whas difective ?

This was my experience as well. I tried my Kemper through someone’s 1x12 with the f12x200 and it sounded awful. I tried multiple cabs and not one profile sounded good. Everything sounded like a cheap Boss Metalzone into a blown speaker. And yes, I had cab sim turned on. With it turned off it sounded even worse as you would expect.

• I've got 2 in a Marshall 2X12" Cab (Cos it looks a bit like a combo)