Not connecting to MacBook Pro ~~ Resolved SMC resets on MacBook

• I bought a demo profiler that came with no manuals or anything but the amp.

I downloaded the manuals and read through and downloaded rig manager.

My problem is this demo model will not connect to my 2019 MacBook Pro.

I plug into thunder port to usb on back of profiler and there is no connection at all.

I checked my Mac and it says there is nothing plugged in.

Any ideas?

• Hey!

Which usb port are you using on the kemper?

Have you upgraded to the latests versions (kemper, rig manager, etc...)

Yepp, maybe the OS of the Kemper Profiler doesnt match with the Version of the Rig Manager. Update the Kemper via USB Stick. Which OS is your Kemper on?

• Not sure how you checked, and maybe you've already tried this, but if not....

You should be able to check if the Mac is seeing the Kemper without Rig Manager.

If you go to "About This Mac" and look at the USB section you should be able to find something similar to this (which is from my Mac Pro)

If you can't, as previously mentioned by Ophidia make sure you are connected to the correct USB port on the Kemper...the square one, not the flat one...and try another cable.

USB Bus:

Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBUHCIPCI

PCI Device ID: 0x3a36

PCI Revision ID: 0x0000

PCI Vendor ID: 0x8086

Profiler:

Product ID: 0x0001

Vendor ID: 0x133e

Version: 1.00

Serial Number: KPAeULGCAjK

Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Kemper

Location ID: 0x5d100000 / 1

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 2

Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

• Thank you for the comments and suggestions.

I had a chance to fix the problem I had here with my 2019 MacBook Pro w/ Catalina 10.15 OS recognizing Profiler powerhead @ thunderbolt/USB ports..

the computer just needed a "SMC reset" which took about 10 min.

I have the T2 security chip in mine so I followed the prompts @ apple for the proper reset procedures for that type .

This might help somebody else who has this problem connecting Kemper/ Rig manager to MacBook .

Just google SMC reset MacBook and follow the prompts for your type of computer . There is also a list of computer symptoms and one of them is

"computer won't recognize hardware at USB ports"

its all good this profiler rocks ! lovin this thing :thumbup: