The Top Jimi Sabbath pack

• I purchased the Top Jimi Sabbath pack and I found it really lacking. For me, only a couple of them are even close to the real sound.

Let me also say that I LOVE the Van Halen pack. The sounds are incredible on that pack.

Last night, I had a friend over, who absolutely loves Iommi, and knows most of his stuff note for note. I had him check out the pack on my Kemper. He had the same findings as I did. He tried playing the tunes with a backing track, and that didn't really help. I heard "I understand what they're going for here, but it's not close" many times last night.

At one point, he played Heaven and Hell along with the Heaven and Hell profile. That's one of the good ones in the pack. But he realized what one of the problems was. He said they sound like they tried to get the album sound, but it's really lacking in fullness. He also mentioned that it would have been nice to have a live sound in the pack. Maybe that would have the fullness that's missing in this pack.

He may be on to something, because Eddie's sounds on the album WERE his live sound.

Has anyone else tried the pack? What are your findings?

• I just got the Sabbath pack as well ..

It's hard to say right now because I haven't tried it with p90 pickups yet .

So far I've played through it with an ibananez js2450 w/ passive DiMaggios

and an Eii eclipse with active EMG's,

with those 2 guitars it wasn't there for me , It sounded a bit muddy and tinny , and not quite right.

It helped to split the coils and bring down the presence and treble a bit , but with those 2 guitars it wasn't plug and play for me with the sabbath pack .

I'm thinking the p90's are essential to getting Iommy's tone.

I was blown away by TJ's EVH pack and I really like the AC/DC pack as well..

I definitely want to try the sabbath pack with some p90's next cause it sounded really good on TJ's demo.

Have you tried it with p90 's ?

• "Please Note: Obviously, the guitar is a very important part of the signal chain, and differences between guitars will affect the tone. We used Jimi's 1957 Gibson Les Paul Special with original 1957 P90 pickups as the reference to build the profiles. There will very likely be differences in tone between your guitar and the reference guitar. If your guitar has a fuller tone, we recommend increasing the Treble and Presence together. Try increasing them both by 0.3 and see how that sounds. If your guitar is bright, try reducing the Treble and Presence by 0.3 and go from there."

• I don't have P90s. We tested with 5 different guitars. 2 humbucker and 2 single coil, and one strat sized humbucker guitars. One humbucker was hot (JB), and the other was low output. The same with the single coils. The strat sized humbuckers (hot and cool raile) were tested in both humbucker and single coil (split) mode. We also tested on various volume levels.