Triggering sequences in Ableton whith the kemper

• Hi guys !

I'm in need of information about midi capabilities of the kemper.

For live purposes, I need to be able to trigger the play button of Ableton (in order to play to the click of every song of our live set).

Right now, I know that the kemper profiler only sends PC midi messages when engaging a performance slot (up to 2 messages). The issue I have is that Ableton is seeing the message but the play button is only triggering with a CC message... I saw that a way around would be to use a software that converts PC messages into CC messages, so I'll try that.

On the other hand using a switch of sorts to trigger the sequence is also something I'd like to be able to do.

My question is : since it is possible to send CC messages from the kemper via expression pedals and using the pedal to midi setting, would it be possible to have a Tap tempo pedal going into the kemper and use it as a switch sending CC midi messages to trigger ableton ?

Sorry if it is a stupid question but I'm kind of lost right now...

Thanks in advance !

Adrien

• I would recommend using a dedicated midi controller like the RJM Mastermind or Voodoo Labs Ground Control for that. The Kemper its self isn’t designed to send midi. The Kemper Remote is the perfect pedal for a Kemper only setup but if you need midi for other parts of a system it isn’t a good match as it doesn’t use midi natively.

I have an RJM Mastermind PBC from before I got the Kemper and a Remote which I got after I bought the Kemper. The Remote is totally seamless with the KPA and needs no programming skills which I really like so I use it all the time. However, if I needed to do programming anyway for other parts of my rig I would use the Mastermind which is much more powerful.