Kemper Stage power source

• Hi all,

Looking to add a good pedalboard/case to protect the Kemper Stage and couple of pedals (Digitech Drop and Freqout), plus a Mission for Volume/Wah.

My question is, I am looking to replace the power chord for the stage for one similar with a 90 degree angled plug just to fit better in a pedalboard without forcing the plug connection.

Should I have any concerns when not using the original power source?

I am looking for the below specs:

Max voltage: 250 V
    Max A: 10 A ( i know kemper goes until 0,5A max, this worries me, but it seems thats the cable max power handling so it should not be an issue)

Has anyone done this before?

Really appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks

Nice profile, but does it go to 11?

• You will be fine with any standard IEC cable for your country’s power requirements. There is nothing magic about the stock cable. The higher the Amp rating the better in terms of safety. This denotes the Max current draw the cable can withstand before melting. However, the Kemper with only draw its required current regardless of the capability of the cable. Think of it like and engine that is capable of doing 250mph. The fact that it can do this speed doesn’t stop you from doing 5mph if required. If you just don’t push the accelerator as hard. In the Power scenario the cable is the engine but the Kemper itself is the accelerator. The cable will never provide more current then the Kemper asks for.